We’re looking for a Product Design Manager to lead a hardworking and seasoned team of designers. You’ll have the exciting opportunity to help build a culture that’s empowering, collaborative, and pushing the boundaries of great design for our users.
You’ll work at a product-wide platform level as part of the Global Product Experience team coordinating and managing a set of diverse teams. We are looking for a manager who helps us build design systems, data visualization solutions, and dashboard experiences that the world’s best engineering teams rely upon.
What You’ll Do:
– Manage a team of Product Designers. With a passion for developing others, you’ll mentor and encourage your team towards success.
– Help drive New Relic’s Experience Design vision and evangelize good design practices, principles, processes, and patterns, throughout the entire product lifecycle to ensure a cohesive user experience and to achieve business goals.
– Partner with product management, engineering, language and research to ensure projects are well-defined, adequately resourced, and successfully executed towards impact.
– Build strong communication and coordination channels with the rest of the distributed Design organization
– Give constructive design feedback on design specifications, user flows, visual comps, and other assets
– Be intentional, purposeful, bold, authentic, and humble
– 6+ years of design experience, ideally in enterprise software, developer tools, or SaaS B2C or B2B products.
– 3+ years of design management, guiding people and projects through complicated territory, with consistently high-quality results
BA/BS or Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, related field, or equivalent experience
– Proven success integrating research, design, technical development, and business strategy within an organization
– Ability to scope, resource, and plan mid and short-term design projects.
– Experience attracting, hiring, mentoring, and retaining top design talent
– Experience working with global teams distributed across different time zones
– Ability to be self-managed: working with minimal requirements and oversight while balancing tradeoffs
– Experience with Design Systems
– Familiarity integrating users research and data insights into design processes to improve outcomes
– Strong communication and presentation abilities (English-language)
– An understanding of cloud infrastructure and associated platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
– Experience working on data visualization projects
We’re looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement. What’s most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.