As a product manager are you looking for a new challenge to coach and mentor others? Do you have a passion for promoting agile product management and enabling product teams to discover and deliver the right solutions with best practices and tools through coaching & development? I am excited to be building out my team to grow this practice at Travelers in the US. The applicant can be located in the greater Hartford, CT area or the Twin Cities of Minnesota
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the management and implementation of medium to large size projects supporting the development of our employees to advance the agile product management practices. The Project Director is focused on agile product management to optimize product discovery and delivery.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- The Project Director supports the one-on-one or group development of the Agile Product Management discipline through the Community of Practice
- The Project Director understands the vision, strategy, business outcomes and products for the supported individuals and teams.
- The Project Director enables the Product Teams to build the ‘right things’ with best practices, and tools through coaching & development.
- The Project Director works with minimal supervision and is responsible for applying advanced Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
- The Project Director will enable the advancement of agile product management practices to drive product outcomes that align with the overall business strategy.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- 7 years of project management experience preferred.
- 2 years of experience managing others and/or project/product teams preferred.
- Experience in one or multiple roles on an Agile team, including at least 5 years as a Product Owner/Manager preferred.
- Experience in facilitation and training preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Very active in mentoring and coaching
- Able to influence behaviors of individuals and leaders at all levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Stays current on the Agile product management community and industry trends to inform and influence advancing practices.
- Strong understanding and ability to articulate business value of Agile product management practices.