We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Senior Product Owner, Trading & Fulfilment
Overview of job
The Senior Product Owner is responsible for the creation and delivery of the technology roadmaps for the systems which support Global’s Commercial teams in planning, booking and delivering campaigns across our Radio and Outdoor businesses.
They will work both with senior commercial partners and with Product Owners in the Commercial Technology team.
They will act as a mentor to other members of the Commercial Technology team, developing junior talent.
3 best things about the job
- Delivering the technology roadmap for one of the most exciting transformation agendas in the media and entertainment market in the UK and beyond
- Working with partners from across Global to drive performance improvement and revenue & margin growth across our business
- Having the authority to identify, suggest and implement initiatives and turn your ideas into product features quickly
Measures of success
In the first few months, you would have
- Fully understood the goals of the Commercial Technology team and how these support Global’s commercial strategy and objectives
- Gained a detailed understanding of the workings of Global’s business across our Radio and Outdoor divisions through the whole campaign lifecycle
- Established strong working relationships with partners from across Technology, Commercial and beyond
Supported the identification, validation and prioritisation of a series of initiatives to improve our trading and fulfilment systems and processes
Responsibilities of the role
- Own significant parts of the Commercial Technology roadmaps for the products supporting Global’s trading and fulfilment processes
- Understand commercial strategy and priorities and translate these into product initiatives
- Understand existing business processes and workflows and work with business users to identify pain points
- Prioritise product roadmap initiatives based on business benefit and complexity of delivery
- Analyse high-level business requirements in the roadmap and assess implementation options
- Develop and iterate product backlogs
- Facilitate meetings and workshops with individuals or groups of Commercial, Operations and Fulfilment partners as needed to review options/recommendations and make decisions
- Work with the Product team to establish priorities and dependencies in delivering product features
- Identify interrelationships between technology platforms and assess impacts of changes
- Build strong working relationships across the Commercial Technology team including those in Product, Engineering and Delivery
- Develop a strong network with Commercial colleagues at various levels in the organisation
- Maintain relationships with third parties as needed
- Mentor Product Owners and Product Analysts working across our Commercial Technology products
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of demonstrating the following:
- Experience working with sales, marketing and operations teams, preferably in the media and entertainment or adjacent industries
- Strong commercial awareness and an ability to translate commercial strategy into technology initiatives
- Comfortable working at pace and lead competing and changing priorities
- Ability to innovate and think independently
- Willingness to ‘get stuck in’ to detailed analysis as needed; analytical approach to analysis and problem solving with a strong head for numbers
- Ability to act based on gut feeling & experience when needed; willing to take calculated risks
- A curious nature; a desire to ask questions and learn
- High level of emotional intelligence; ability to understand different priorities and perspectives
- Ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly to a senior audience
- Willingness to collaborate and coach; ability to educate and influence
- Experience in meeting and workshop facilitation with technical and business stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience of working with Agile delivery methods
- Knowledge and experience of software product development including crafting, leading and prioritising backlogs of product features and technical tasks
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to build an inclusive culture for everyone.
We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we encourage conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global