Job title: Product Manager (100% remote, full-time)
Compensation: $135-155K depending on experience
-Generous parental leave
-Home office allowance
Want to use your Product Management expertise and love for music to impact over a million independent artists worldwide? Music distribution can be complex and multi-faceted, with a wide range of artist needs, and conflicting requirements from streaming services. We are looking for a product manager who can cut through the complexity and take ownership of technical and non-technical requirements from internal teams and external partners and maintain a high level of excellence in our music delivery systems. If this sounds like you, we would love for you to apply!
About DistroKid: DistroKid is a service for musicians that puts music into online stores & streaming services like Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Tidal, TikTok, YouTube, and more. We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our team as a full-time employee, as a member of our Artist Tools team. https://distrokid.com/
Example Problems you would work on:
– Work with new streaming service partners (for example, DistroKid recently partnered with Audiomack and Snap) & their content operations teams to deliver massive amounts of DistroKid content seamlessly & accurately.
– Help artists change their artist names while navigating all the rules different streaming services have about artist names & making sure all of our internal tools can support the change
– Update the music upload form to have more detailed management of collaborators & ensure the resulting metadata is reflected accurately across all streaming services
– Work directly with distribution partners to ensure delivery of music and content.
– Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes for products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
– Collaborate closely with engineering and marketing teams on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for the entire organization
– Manage agile product development process from product management point of view
– 4-7+ years relevant experience
– Technical background with experience in software development or web technologies
– Strong experience in a dynamic product management role
– Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
– Highly effective cross-functional team management
– In-depth knowledge of Agile methodology for product development
– Have case studies that speak to experiences and lessons learned while delivering customer value in a scrappy, start up environment
– Passion for music and desire to support independent musicians
– A creator in your free time, music, art, games or software project