Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people invest and build wealth. From saving for retirement to budgeting, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
Stash is looking for a dedicated, motivated, and entrepreneurial Technical Product Manager to help build the next generation of Identity features at Stash. You will work on a cross disciplinary team that will be responsible for delivering the roadmap for identity verification, KYC, CIP, and other identity initiatives. You’ll partner with fraud, operations, data science, marketing, and engineering to deliver best in class customer onboarding.
Our ideal candidate has proven experience launching successful software products in consumer-facing companies, is a master at developing creative solutions to hard problems and evangelizes ideas with ease. If you are an open communicator with a passion for data-driven decision making and you are excited about changing the world of investing, Stash is looking for you!
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with internal customers in both risk, onboarding and operations to help as many customers join Stash and realize their financial goals as possible
- Lead a cross-functional team to iterate on customer onboarding, specifically relating to our KYC/CIP program.
- Heavily focused on back of house improvements to provide meaningful increases in customer growth.
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve short and long term goals in collaboration with your partners
- Break down complex customer problems into digestible and iterative experiences.
- Provide support to internal partners and interface with external vendors to enable better risk decisioning and allowing more customers on the platform safely.
- Apply user-centered thinking, empathizing with users in collaboration with Product partners, Engineering, and CX to generate ideas and converge on a solution that the whole team can be proud of and learn from.
- Analyze data and gain meaningful insights to drive successful iterations and identify opportunities.
- Communicate openly across the team and org regarding the status of projects in development, as well as results post-launch
- Evangelize risk and identity initiatives across all of Stash
- Manage projects in a highly organized, flexible manner while staying focused on mission-critical scope
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of product management experience
- A proven track record of launching and iterating on successful products
- Experience working in Agile and knowledge of sprint planning & prioritization
- Knowledge of technical microservices and event-driven architecture
- Previous experience in banking, money transfers, payment processing, or financial services is a plus
- Ability to leverage data to make informed decisions and clearly articulate the value
- Demonstrated A/B testing skills on tools such as Optimizely or similar
- Excitement and passion to innovate in finance using B2C constructs
- An open mind, flexibility around testing new approaches and the ability to harness failures and turn them into wins
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to recruiting@Stash.com.
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product – Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**