Senior Product Managers at Superformula are a special breed. They must have experienced the highs and lows of designing, developing, and shipping digital experiences, and have the calm confidence to bring that hard-won expertise to our clients. PMs are not ScrumMasters but lead Agile teams as competent Product Owners. They are not engineers but understand the trade-offs and possibilities of technology choices. They are not designers but have a keen feel for customer experience and laser focus on clarity.
Given our unique model, PMs might be partnering with client teams, stakeholders, and engineers who have never worked with a true Product Manager before. For this reason, it’s even more imperative that PMs are humble, confident, and experienced. They must find the balance between plugging into existing structures seamlessly and pushing at the right time for maximum impact.
You’ll lead a cross-functional team composed of a shared (and stellar) design team and several BE/FE engineers working on both greenfield and optimization efforts. Depending on your interests and background, you might work on APIs & shared service development, community-building & social networking, commerce & marketplaces, or SaaS & utility applications. Each squad is empowered to ship, doing what they must to minimize dependencies, blockers, or excuses. Our teams must identify practical solutions that are valuable (customers will “buy”), viable (works within the business constraints), usable (it’s a delight to use), and feasible (can be built and shipped).
The PM leads these efforts through a deep knowledge of the users, data, design patterns, competitive landscape, and technology. They are ultimately responsible for the outcomes of initiatives, even when this means working through or around others to achieve results. They must collaborate closely with designers, engineers, and business partners to shape and communicate the best possible roadmap.
This job, as with the other roles on the product team, is an individual contributor role. You will need to influence your teammates and colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives through your use of data and logic.
The ideal candidate has…
- 3+ years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, designer, or engineer.
- Shipped multiple products in varying domains (e.g., B2C, B2B, mobile).
- A proactive attitude and takes ownership of business stakeholder and user needs.
- An understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- High comfort level with Agile/Scrum processes, ceremonies, and expectations.
- Knowledge of and ability to learn all functional areas of business – engineering, design, marketing, sales, and support.
- A knack for figuring out solutions to complex problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and laying out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- The ability to engage with engineers, designers, and business leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve challenging problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.
Important to Understand
We are willing to be very competitive in pay to attract our perfect match and expect a lot from every team member. Everyone works together to solve problems when needed, and we are a small and skillful team. We also value culture over skills, so if you fit our culture and are close on skills, we can work with that – so let’s talk!