RapidMiner is reinventing enterprise AI (Artificial Intelligence) so that anyone has the power to positively shape the future. We’re doing this by enabling ‘data loving’ people of all skill levels, across the enterprise, to rapidly create and operate AI solutions to drive immediate business impact. We offer a single platform that unifies data prep, machine learning, and model operations. We also have been designated as leaders in our white-hot market by both Gartner and Forrester for over 7 years in a row.
More than 40,000 organizations in over 150 countries rely on RapidMiner to increase revenue, cut costs, and reduce risk. We are venture capital (VC) backed with a work from anywhere policy, though our headquarters is in Boston (MA, USA) and we have locations in Dortmund (Germany), Budapest (Hungary), and London (UK).
We are looking for a driven and high-performing Senior UX Designer to lead the product design of RapidMiner’s new cloud-based enterprise AI platform. You will be equally responsible for the user experience (UX) as well as the user interface (UI) design, visual design and style of the platform. Working in a highly engaged and productive team, you’ll be wearing multiple hats, overseeing the big picture while working and keeping an eye on detail:
- Be the “voice” of product design – advocate for gorgeous and delightful product design and experiences.
- Run fast-paced product discovery with product management and engineering to come up with great solutions through ideation, prototyping, evaluation and iteration on product features.
- Produce detailed mockups, designs and interface specs for our development team and assist them during implementation.
- Reference and promote best usability practices and interface trends.
- Organize and contribute to user research and usability testing activities.
- Analyze and dissect competitor products.
- Continuously learn and strive for becoming better at your job and help optimize design related processes for better and faster collaboration.
We have a dynamic and agile approach with room for innovation, a focus on quality, and we care about timely delivery. Your work will include complex technologies and high time-pressure, but with a lot of freedom to take responsibility and direction on your own.
While we have a work-from-anywhere policy, working hours for the role need to overlap substantially with central European timezone (CET) working hours to support efficient collaboration with the product team. Since we all enjoy being together and meeting in-person, being located near Budapest, Hungary or Dortmund, Germany is preferred.
For this role, we wish for the following skills. This is not a checklist though – if you think you would be a good candidate, please apply and we’ll figure out together if you are a good fit:
- 3-5 years work experience as UX and/or UI designer or similar role
- Proficiency in UX and UI design, related trends, and best practices
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch and/or Adobe
- A portfolio that demonstrates modern aesthetic design and an eye for detail
- Comfort with HTML, CSS, React and Ant Design
- Experience in agile development environments and Scrum or Kanban processes
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence or similar
- Experience with user research and usability testing
- Experience in a B2B context, yet strong track record of designing end user experiences
- Proactive personality that doesn’t wait for instructions
- BSc/BA in UX/UI design, interaction design, product design, industrial design, human-computer interaction, graphic design, or other relevant field
- Fluency in English – both verbally and written – is required, fluency in German and/or Hungarian is a plus
RapidMiner offers highly competitive salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
RapidMiner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristics.
RapidMiner does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that does not have a signed agreement with RapidMiner.