Who we are
Interaptix produces AptixAR, an enterprise-grade Augmented Reality (AR) SaaS solution for remote experts to provide feedback and guidance anywhere, at any time. Our Azure-based platform incorporates advanced techniques in HCI, machine learning, and computer vision, and is accessed through wearable computers, tablets, and mobile phones.
Our team is motivated by solving challenging problems in the AR space. We are looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team.
Who we need
Reporting to the Lead Product Manager, we are looking for a UI/UX specialist to take ownership of UI/UX design. You will be responsible for all user interface and interaction design aspects of our SaaS-based augmented reality/digital twin solution. As a member of the Product team, you will be instrumental in helping shape the present and future of our desktop, tablet, phone, and headset-based applications. Your attitude, communication skills, passion for collaboration, and knowledge of human-centered design principles will help take the AptixAR platform to the next level.
You will develop storyboards, wireframes, and mock-ups in collaboration with the product team. You may work directly with users or customers to perform interviews, drive user testing, and gather feedback. You will leverage the available usage data to draw patterns and correlations to improve the user journey.
Although we are all working remotely now, this is a long-term role integral to our strategy. Therefore, the candidate will need to be within daily commuting distance to our headquarters in Toronto and willing to transition to work at the office when we go back.
Who you are
Innovative, intelligent, creative, and driven to learn, you may have a couple of years of work experience, or you may be coming out of school with impressive skills gained through co-op and internships. You are seeking an opportunity to grow every day, and work with the latest technology, at a company positioned to outpace its competitors without losing sight of how their tech makes a difference.
What’s in it for you
Challenges, collaboration, support, and an opportunity to grow. We believe there’s no better way to learn than being hands-on every day, tackling new challenges and problems. You will have the chance to step into a role that will push your comfort level and exceed your expectations, satisfying your passion for enhancing your skills while simultaneously accelerating your career. You will be aligned with the trajectory of Apple and Microsoft in the AR space, working with the latest hardware, continuously gaining exposure to the latest technology. You will be part of a collaborative and supportive environment working with a manager who wants your ideas and welcomes bold and innovative solutions. You will have an opportunity to grow into a Lead Design role, taking increased ownership for advanced work.
What you will focus on:
- Creating the interface and experience for never-before-seen web and mobile features. You will apply human-centered design principles and human-computer interactions as the foundation for your concepts. You will design and develop visually appealing and dynamic user interfaces that are user-friendly and meet the expectations of today’s plugged-in audience. You will hold both the UI and the UX as an equally high priority while considering the backend development factors that may impact your design.
- Producing assets. You will create information architecture diagrams, personas, user journeys, process and interaction flows, storyboards, test plans, and reports. You will build wireframe sketches, demonstrations, and interactive prototypes.
- Eliciting and applying feedback. You will plan end-user testing, and where not possible to interact with the consumer; you will solution creative methods to access users and gather feedback. You will use data, metrics, and customer feedback to guide changes and inform new design-related ideas and decisions.
- Enhancing knowledge. You will increase your understanding of AR capabilities and the possibilities of both the web OS and the iOS ecosystem for wearable technology. You will continuously grow, keeping up to date with the latest advances – those that are live and those that are in the pipeline.
Setting exceptional standards through collaboration. You will work closely with the Product Manager, Engineers, and QA to ensure the look, feel, layout, and responsiveness of the web and mobile app aligns with the roadmap and exceeds expectations.
What you bring:
- The education and experience. You have an academic background in Human Factor Engineering, Human-Computer Interactions, or Engineering Psychology. You are deeply familiar with Human-Centred Design principles not just in theory but in practical applications used in apps you have built for end-users or side projects you have worked on from concept to launch. You may have 1+ years of experience applying best practices for designing user interfaces and complex interactions for mobile and web applications. Your logical process-based thinking is balanced with a dose of creativity and an appreciation for what is appealing and modern. You have expertise across a range of modern design tools and technologies. You have an interactive and visual portfolio demonstrating your work on complex applications.
- The Agile team approach. You have experience working within an Agile environment. You are committed to your team, have fantastic communication skills, and the ability to think creatively to solve technical issues. You know how to collect, analyze and apply feedback following formal and informal methodologies. You have an appreciation for diverse approaches, and you value the experience and the voices of your colleagues.
Why join us
Interaptix is a venture-backed augmented reality company working at the intersection of mixed reality, HCI, machine learning, and computer vision to fundamentally revolutionize how people interact with the world and one another. With its headquarters in downtown Toronto, Interaptix is funded by some of the most prominent tech investors and entrepreneurs.
If you believe that augmented reality will be an integral part of the next computing platform and are passionate about making an impact in this exciting space, join our growing team!
Interaptix is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.