Technical Product Manager
Elliptic is the world’s leading Blockchain intelligence company. We identify illicit activity on the Bitcoin blockchain, and our clients include financial institutions and law enforcement agencies.
What’s the role?
We build cutting edge technology that is used by the world’s leading law enforcement agencies and Bitcoin companies to investigate illicit activity in Bitcoin. We collaborate closely with our clients to define the best practices for performing Bitcoin investigations, and we work hard to share the state of the art investigative techniques with the industry.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to take complete ownership of understanding and writing requirements, and management of the product-to-tech lifecycle.
An engineering background or capability is strongly preferred – this is a technical role and we’re looking for someone who appreciates the nuances of building products from an engineer’s perspective.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with business leaders, sales organisations and internal users to understand and translate emerging customer requirements and develop them into detailed product roadmaps, feature specifications and business and functional requirements.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for business and functional requirements and be able to deliver the following items: business and functional requirements documents, user stories, wireframes, process flow models, GUI, screen and interface designs, and informational training aids.
- Work with development teams to estimate cost and time to deliver new product features.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish and drive the technical vision and determine project timelines, deliverables and resource needs.
- Use general project management skills to ensure on-time delivery of each product and feature launch.
- Effectively manage and escalate trade-offs between cost/schedule versus customer benefit.
- Work with sales and account management teams to provide product support.
- Develop and use your understanding of competitive offerings to help drive strategy and execution activities.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing to validate and process the approval of new features prior to release.
- Investigate/troubleshoot application issues and document details for the development teams to address as appropriate.
- Prioritise and schedule product bug fixes, improvements, and/or enhancements as well as new solutions as appropriate.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 4+ years of experience working in a business analyst, product manager, or similar role delivering software products to market
- Engineering background is strongly preferred – this is a technical role and we’re looking for someone who can understand complex concepts and who appreciates nuances from an engineering perspective
- Self-starter, accustomed to working in a changing environment who enjoys and takes pride in technical solution delivery
- A proven track record in working on complex and ambiguous programs
- Experience working on an emerging technology is preferred
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience building and managing business requirements and turning them into detailed technical design specifications
- Experience in rapid application development methodologies – agile, scrum, etc. preferred
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences
Bonus points for:
- Strong aptitude for writing detailed requirements and capturing even the most obscure edge-cases!
- Awesome inter-personal skills, and in particular, experience with working closely with development/engineering teams.
- Share options
- Private health insurance
- Shiny new laptop
- Coffee and beer!
- Quarterly full day off sites
- Annual company 3 day offsite
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the norm – working at Elliptic is never boring!
No recruitment agencies please.