Fobi is a location-based marketing intelligence platform, which facilitates meaningful connections between consumers, brands, and retailers, providing insights into consumer behaviour and customer purchase journey. As we continue to grow, our team in Vancouver is looking to add ambitious, eager to learn, intelligent and talented individuals to the engineering team! We are looking for someone who:
- Wants to be a part of something big – an emerging new global brand
- Is interested in marketing, consumer behaviour, and cutting edge technology
- Can thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Is eager to work with and learn from a team of experts
- Is ready to expand their career and realize their full potential
- Has the aptitude to embrace change and welcome new approaches in an exceedingly evolving environment of new technology
We are looking for individuals who desire the excitement and learning opportunities that come with working at a startup. The work we do is challenging, exciting, has amazing potential, and we’d like for you to share in that experience!
About the Tech
- Our product is a plug-and-play platform, enabling retailers to leverage modern analytics and marketing technology without replacing their existing IT infrastructure.
- Entirely hosted in AWS. We mainly use ECS/EC2, S3, Lambda, IoT core, RDS, API Gateway, and DocumentDB.
Working at Fobi
Working at Fobi, you will be focused on working with our customer-facing front-end, integrations with third-party data services, and dealing with the microservices that power our platform. There will be the opportunity to explore the hardware and firmware aspects of our business if you have the desire to learn about them!
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assess value and prioritize stories and epics to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of user stories
- Research and analyze market, the users, competitors, and the roadmap for the product
- Keep up to date on Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
Our head office is in Vancouver, so you need to be a Canadian resident with the right to work for any employer, located in western Canada (BC or Alberta)
Benefits & Compensation
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package