We are seeking a talented Product Designer to join the Vendasta team! To thrive in this role, you’ll have 3+ years of design experience with a strong understanding of agile software development. You’ll advocate for the user’s needs and strive to create usable, valuable, and scalable products. As a company, we’re nimble and highly competitive, so you’ll need to embrace change and think strategically at every stage of the product life cycle.
- Collaborate with your cross-functional team to design and build desirable applications
- Participate in ideation sessions, design reviews, and training workshops
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Embrace Vendasta’s design system and coordinate with the Product Design team to ensure consistency with the platform standards and cross-product dependencies
- Define the product vision while ensuring that each iteration is usable and valuable.
- Passionately advocate for user-centered needs
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in interaction design (IxD)
- A portfolio that highlights your strengths in core competencies like user research, information architecture, interaction design, content strategy, etc.
- High level of competency using UI design tools like Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD
- Proficient with visual design tools like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to conduct ongoing user testing and research throughout the design process
- Capable of translating business goals and user research into compelling user workflows, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Passionate about desktop and mobile design trends, with the ability to stay in alignment with organizational standards
- Clear and articulate communication skills, with the ability to provide rationale and context behind your designs
- Motivated by feedback, but able to take criticism
- Strong team player and ability to work closely with other Product Designers, cross-functional teammates, and stakeholders
- Understanding of agile software development, with a demonstrated ability to break down large epics into releasable milestones
- Ability to work efficiently and meet/exceed deadlines under pressure