You are an ambitious product marketer who has mad skills aligning product strategy to the tactics needed for success. You love the balance between being a competitive analyst, data monger, and storyteller. You thrive on the opportunity to impact a high-growth services-based technology company as we pivot to a software-centric strategy.
You will help set our path for long-term success as we pivot in late 2021 towards an open source DBaaS platform. As such, it’s critical that you have an understanding of open source databases, enterprise buying cycles, cloud adoption trends, and customer use cases. You will brilliantly weave together the customer journey, their pain points, and position how Percona can help.
You will work alongside demand generation, field marketing, and content marketing to drive revenue generation, while ensuring product messaging and positioning is on point. You will be the interface between the customer, product management, sales and marketing while quickly gaining these teams’ respect and support. You will consistently demonstrate product and market expertise, attention to detail, and accountability.
● Create the storyline, product messaging, and positioning for your product focus
● Acquire and possess in-depth knowledge of our target markets, segments, buyer personas,
competitors, and partners.
● Educate the company on market requirements, trends, and competitor capabilities.
● Collaborate with product management to create a shared vision and go-to-market strategy
for our products and services.
● Define strategic positioning of our products, services, key features, pricing, and key product
● Build collateral and relevant content for various personas and product areas, including web
copy, datasheets, brochures, white papers, social media content, online event material and
● Drive business case development, bringing together customer research, product and
financial data and analytics to drive revenue.
● Evangelize to prospects, press, analysts and other key influencers.
● Collaborate with demand generation and event marketing leaders to execute innovative
online marketing campaigns, to support sales growth.
● Own and develop sales enablement tools including competitive analysis and use cases.
● Partner with product management on new releases – planning, messaging, and managing
● 3-5+ years of experience in B2B enterprise software, preferably with open source databases,
other open source technology or SaaS products● Product marketing experience strongly preferred
● Strong track record of working cross-functionally on major campaigns and/or product
● Demonstrated ability to work across all levels of the organization while socializing concepts
and ideas (product, sales, and marketing).
● Strong written communication and presentation skills
● Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to build consensus among
● Experience with open source software and/or databases a plus