At E.ON Next we’re part of shaping the future of energy and leading the energy transition towards sustainability in the UK. We’re dedicated to providing customers with exceptional service and use state-of-the-art technology to do so. We trust our people who have freedom and are empowered to take responsibility and are excited to deliver excellent service for customers every single day.
A taste of what you’ll be doing
Scrum Product Owner
Location: London with travel to our other sites
Competitive salary from £40,000 and benefits
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful Scrum Product Owner who is passionate about delivering great Digital products. If you’re passionate and inspired to deliver amazing products that customers love, please join us! We would really love to work with you!
The Digital Scrum Product Owner has responsibility for ensuring successful execution of the
E.ON Next front end roadmap by leading our delivery sprints. They will represent the customer and Go to Market from within our Agile scrum team, working with the Product Manager and the design team to bring the front-end roadmap to life. The Product Owner must be obsessed by detail and willing to work with stakeholders across the business to ensure there is a clear understanding of the requirements and scenarios our Digital journeys need to cater for.
They will deal with complexity across multiple customer journeys from Smart to SME catering for all customer types and scenarios. The Product Owner must have a firm understanding of the business, industry regulations and the varying needs of different end users. They must be organised, always ahead of delivery team to ensure stories and designs are prepared as well as being able to make risk-based decisions on the fly – balancing the need to deliver against commercial or compliance considerations.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
• Acting as the scrum team product owner for front end Digital change and interfacing with relevant stakeholders across the E.ON Next business to ensure that the sprint backlog is defined and ready for build
• Work closely with the Product Manager to plan out the sprints based on the front-end roadmap, prioritising features of the stories to ensure fast delivery via the concept of Minimum Viable Product so that maximum value is delivered as soon as possible.
• Be the day to day point of contact for the design and development team, answering questions and unblocking any issues
• Lead refinement sessions to convey the business objective of the sprint and refine the user stories so that the team understand the value to customers and the business
• Set the goal of the sprint ensuring that all stories taken into build meet the Definition of Ready to maximise delivery potential
• Work closely with QA to understand the final product and prioritise any defects
- Review and approve completed user stories to ensure that they deliver all requirements and are ready for customers
- Support the delivery team in showcasing the sprint during the end of sprint demo -demonstrating the business value, customer experience and enhanced capabilities delivered
- Have extensive industry knowledge and know exactly what our customers need from SMETS2 to Economy 7 and Direct Debit to Prepayment.
User Story Generation
• Break down epics to define the requirements for each journey and to create customer-focussed and testable user stories
• Work with Ops specialists to define detailed acceptance criteria – considering all customer types and scenarios relevant to the journey
• Work with Design, Customer Experience & Content to ensure that user stories have finalised designs in advance of the development sprints
• Through regular refinement with the design and delivery teams, build up a backlog which far enough ahead of the current sprint to allow for an unforeseen delays or re-prioritisation
Are we a match?
We know what’s important to us at E.ON Next, we’re looking for the brightest and best to join our awesome team and create the right culture to be the best.
Here’s what we’re looking for;
• Widespread Digital experience with solid understanding of online technology, associated trends and an entrepreneurial mindset
Extensive experience in the UK Energy industry with appreciation for the role compliance plays in energy
Experience working with an in-house development team
Good knowledge of Agile delivery methodologies and scrum delivery ways of working Knowledge and experience of web, mobile web and mobile applications and understanding of how customers interact digitally
• Ability to gather inputs from end-users, SMEs, stakeholders, the business and technology teams
• Ability to prioritise, solve problems and work off own initiate to manage challenges in sprint Self-starting, self-organising and able to adapt to always being ahead of the delivery time while at the same time supporting in sprint
Excellent attention to detail and able to consider end to end customer journeys
Strong relationship building and stakeholder management capabilities
Excellent reporting, problem solving and analytical skills
What else do I need to know?
- We’ll have regular team socials and a corporate Deliveroo account for when the need arises
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays – this includes a guarantee of for your birthday if you want it
- A generous pension scheme
- The chance to choose from our Flexible Benefits range
- Location: London with travel to our other sites when required
E.ON is committed to being an inclusive employer. We recognise that everyone is different and we aim to provide a working environment where each person feels respected, valued and able to achieve their full potential. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. If you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.