Business Analyst – Product Management/Regulatory Team
Location: Rockville Centre, NY (or Remote)
Are you an analytical person interested in learning more about challenges in special education administration, and how states respond to those challenges in their own unique ways? Would you be motivated to work on a team that not only learns about current practices, but is also positioned to help shape market leading software that improves those same practices?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and highly driven Business Analyst to join the Frontline Product Management team, contributing to the growth of Frontline’s Special Education & Interventions business. You would work directly with one or more of our growth markets identifying unmet needs, partnering with stakeholders on possible solutions, and molding software that promotes best practices, returns time to teaching, and ultimately helps improve student outcomes.
This role reports to the Regulatory Director for Special Education & Interventions (SEI) and works closely with other members of Product Management, Client Success, Development, Sales, state agencies, as well as leading special education subject matter experts to deliver solutions that simplify the daily work life of the front line of education.
Frontline Education is an integrated insights partner serving more than 8,500 educational organizations across the US, and millions of educators, administrators and support personnel in their efforts to develop the next generation of learners. With locations in Malvern PA, Chicago Il, Amherst, MA and Rockville Centre, NY, Frontline is bringing together the best education software solutions into one unified platform. Frontline makes it possible for districts to efficiently and effectively manage the needs of the education community including Recruiting & Hiring, Absence & Time, Professional Growth and Special Education. With more than 15 years of experience serving the front of education. Frontline Education is dedicated to providing actionable intelligence that enables informed decisions and drives engagement across school systems.
About our Team
The SEI Regulatory Team is a driving force behind identifying and helping solve state specific challenges in special education and Medicaid in Education administration through software solutions, as well making sure that compliance and best practices are always considered. At Frontline Education, you will face some of the hardest, most rewarding and exciting challenges of your career, as we build the first unified insights platform for the K-12 education market, with our mission to provide actionable insights to the front line of education, and end disconnected point solutions forever.
Is this the right opportunity for you?
· You get excited about solving complicated, and often ambiguous problems, that require research and collaboration.
· You have a knack for researching statutory and regulatory requirements and identifying gaps with real world practices.
· You enjoy engaging stakeholders both inside and outside of the company to gain insights from a variety of perspectives.
· You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize effectively.
· You’re an analytical thinker who can make solid connections between business needs and software solutions.
What a Business Analyst does at Frontline Education:
· Develops in-depth knowledge of special education and Medicaid in Education practices in specific markets
· Works with internal and external stakeholders, including special education and Medicaid subject matter experts to identify, validate and prioritize state-specific challenges
· Performs market and regulatory research and data analysis
· Attends and facilitates portions of state-specific special education advisory panel meetings
· Serves as an internal advocate for special education and Medicaid compliance and best practices
· Works cross-functionally within the organization to translate state-specific business requirements into software requirements
· Collaborates with other Business Analysts to uncover patterns across many states that may point to emerging trends
· Documents the details of state regulatory packages in a way that promotes understanding and can be consumed by others within Frontline
· Educates others within the organization on state regulatory packages so they can effectively carry out their jobs
· Contributes to RFP responses as needed or requested
· Periodically attends conferences and workshops, or other customer facing events, to continually maintain and improve knowledgebase.
· Passionate about solving customer problems (the big ones and the small ones).
· Embrace deep customer empathy by focusing on getting customer insights to understand the true “why” regarding customer behavior and to translate those insights into strong business results.
· A fast learner, detail oriented, decisive, and enjoy fast paced work environments.
· Able to ramp up quickly on new technologies.
· Self-directed and operate with urgency, focus, and discipline.
· Communicates and influences effectively and appropriately across the organization.
· Confidently makes data driven decisions while considering upstream and downstream operational impacts.
· Strong project management skills, including the ability to think and lead complex projects simultaneously.
· 2+ years previous experience and a track record of success in working with IEP management software
· Prior experience and a track record of success in a Business Analyst or like position
· Previous experience and / or domain knowledge in special education and state reporting requirements
· Working knowledge of Medicaid in Education practices and how it intersects with special education
· A team player who is self-directed, detail-oriented, structured, can multi-task, takes initiative, makes decisions, takes responsibility and accepts accountability
· Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis and solve product and technical challenges
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a dynamic ability to interface with various layers of leadership and staff
· Excellence in written and oral communications, including strong presentation skills
· Strong analytical, communication and negotiation skills
· K12 experience, including special education background, highly regarded