Defines and builds new features, media types, content modules, products, and services as part of SAE’s industry-centered product team. Strong understanding of technology plus a passion for being the voice of the customer, user and professions served in the product creation and management process. Contribute to product positioning, messaging, introduction, maintenance, and/or obsolescence of features, media types, products, and services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Working with the product group Director, Acquisitions Editor, Content Strategist and editors, define new features, media, content and product areas and implement those. Drives successful tradeoffs that affect cost, schedule, users, and how well the product works throughout the product life cycle. Provides product leadership from introduction through obsolescence, evaluates new technologies, articulates issues, and makes clear recommendations. Makes product positioning recommendations to management and counterparts.
* Drives and participates in user-experience research to identify obstacles, improve ease-of-use and customer satisfaction. Articulates research findings to management in order to impact future product direction. Creates and delivers formal presentations and conducts group discussions on products for a broad range of audiences. Helps develop and review public relations and marketing communications materials such as collateral, press releases, and data sheets.
* Continually reviews product usage data and maintains an ongoing dialog with customers and internal stakeholders, particularly sales, on trends, risks and opportunities.
* Contribute to the achievement of SAE’s organizational goals.
* Additional projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors degree in Business or STEM field preferred; Media, Humanities or related field with STEM exp. Masters preferred.
* 3 years of product management or project management experience required.
* Experience creating business plans and doing market sizing / research.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
*Exceptional oral and written communication skills
*Exceptional presentation skills
*Enthusiasm for developing global products for mobility industries
*Financial acumen: ability to consume, create and interpret p & ls
*Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
*Requires strong diplomacy skills to drive alignment between competing business needs and objectives.
*MS Office proficient
*Travel to 30% to meet with customers, users, attend trade shows and conferences