We’re looking for an experienced product manager to lead the evolution of the engine behind our unique nutritional offering.
Imagine a world where what you feed your dog is as carefully optimised as the recommendation engine for what to watch next on Netflix. Well that world exists – we’re creating it right now.
Join Product Management at tails.com, and you’ll be right in the midst of the action – working with people across the company to create product experiences that delight our customers. No one does what we do in the direct-to-consumer space, so it’s your chance to really make your mark. As a company, we’re small enough that everything you do has an impact, and we’re big enough for that impact to be meaningful for thousands of customers and their dogs.
We work in highly collaborative cross-functional squads, bringing together engineers, designers, researchers, data analysts and whoever else we need to get the work done. We’re curious. We juggle many things at once. We balance a customer mindset with a commercial one, always looking for results. To really thrive here you’ll be open to feedback, eager to learn, and quick to adapt.
Sound like a team you want to join? Here’s how you’ll make a difference…
We’re looking for a digital product manager to join the pack in a permanent position.
Alongside a cross-functional squad, this role works with our Food and Range & Proposition teams to develop the engine behind our unique nutritional offering for dogs and their owners. This is an opportunity to lead the technology that powers our personalised recipe and determine the range we offer customers as we scale in size and ambition. We’re looking for an individual who can bring a customer-led and data-informed mindset to what is the very heart of tails.com.
The things you’ll do:
- Co-create the product roadmap with a cross-functional team including user experience design and research, engineering, food and operations, proposition and range, finance, and customer teams;
- Deliver the right digital experiences focussing on the right customer needs and opportunities for each market using Agile methodologies;
- Be responsible – with cross-functional partners – for the definition and delivery of both the customer outcomes and commercial metrics using OKRs and other frameworks;
- Identify and articulate the internal and external customers’ needs in order to inform the product experience opportunities;
- Be an active member of the Product Management team by helping drive continuous improvement in the team’s skills.
The skills you’ll bring
We’re looking for someone with:
- Digital product management experience working hands on with cross-functional squads of engineers, designers and analysts to deliver against a product strategy and vision
- A commercial and customer focused mindset that incorporates strategic thinking and quant/qual insight to balance quick wins and bigger, more impactful pieces of work
- A test and learn approach to product management, with a bias to action – delivering what matters most iteratively and not waiting for ‘perfect’
- Proven experience in Agile and Lean methodologies
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively within a cross-functional team – able to unite a diverse group of people around a shared goal and deliver results through others
Not requirements, but it’s a plus if:
- You have experience of building internal tools that help internal teams be more effective in their roles
- You enjoy helping others understand highly technical concepts and their application to solve customer problems
- You have experience of working on a high growth subscription product
If this sounds like it matches your experience and what you’d love to do, we can’t wait to hear from you! If you’re unsure whether you fit our criteria exactly, please get in touch anyway. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
We have multiple roles live right now – focussing on our shopping experience as well as working with our new cat food brand.
The recruitment process
- Application screening
- Phone call with one of our People team to better understand your experience
- Interview with 2-3 of the PM team to explore your approach to product management using an example from your own experience*
- Meet the team – interviews with i) our Engineering & Design team, and ii) the Food team, plus a chance to find out more about the PMs at tails.com
* We would recommend no more than two hours preparation for the example you would like to share with us.
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every pet we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to make sure they get exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
We’re proud to be an active equal opportunity employer.
We want to give everyone a fair chance to join us in changing the world of pet food for good. We do this by conducting a structured recruitment process for all candidates, as well as actively promoting our roles to communities that are under-represented at tails.com.
During your interview process you’ll meet some of our team with varying levels of responsibility and experience. We want to give every candidate a fair interview process and if you need any reasonable adjustments made, please let us know.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll get a competitive salary, reviewed annually, and from day one will be a shareholder in tails.com.
We’re proud to be on a high growth trajectory and offer the chance to work in an environment and with a team that will constantly challenge, support and develop you.
You’ll start on 25 days of holiday which will increase in the time you’re with us. On top of this, we offer optional unpaid leave and a paid volunteer day each year.
For expectant parents, we have extended maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption pay.
We have shed loads of other great benefits, visit our careers page for more info.