Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. That means we only need an image of your ID and a selfie to prove that you’re you. In doing so, we help millions of people connect to the services they need and love more easily, speedily and safely than ever before, whether it’s renting a car or opening a bank account. Our vision is to create an open world where identity is the key to access.
We’ve received over $200 million in funding from world-class tech investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, Salesforce to back our vision. And we’re just getting started.
You’ll be part of a mature Product organisation, with strong leadership and mission owning the full roadmap and delivery of your product domain. Distributed across the USA, Product works closely with adjacent teams like Engineering, Product Design, Machine Learning Research, and Business Intelligence.
This role will be based in the Customer Platform domain, which enables the core technology and looks at the holistic customer experience (API, developer experience, dashboard, analytics, privacy and enterprise security).
Specifically, this role will lead the Privacy & Enterprise Security team within Customer Platform, which provides infrastructure, services and features to ensure Onfido’s leading position in the Enterprise identity verification market . Working with complex organisations, and within the context of a machine-learning-powered product relying on heavily sensitive data (eg. ID documents, biometrics), this is a unique opportunity to work on challenging questions in the industry, around developing differentiated privacy and security features that combine privacy rights, fraud detection performance, and regulatory requirements.
The role will involve:
- Developing a deep understanding of Enterprise customer needs, so as to be able to best provide the services and platform features to deliver outstanding customer experiences
- Creating a strong vision for Privacy & Enterprise Security domain, aligning both the team and wider stakeholders to ensure buy-in
- Strategic and tactical roadmapping and planning – developing and prioritising the plans for implementation
- Prototyping and development – working with designers and engineers to provide product requirements for proposed features
- Releasing – Planning, communicating, and rolling out releases and functionality
- Agile delivery approaches – augmenting, refining and prioritising backlogs and verifying sprint deliverables
- Collaboration – working with other Product Managers and our Tech function to improve internal processes
Location: East Coast US
What we would like to see from your CV and application
- An established Product Manager with several major cycles (multi-quarter) of defining a product, deploying it and managing it operationally within a technical domain
- Experience working with technically complex domains, architectures and products combined with an ability to drive product discussions in these areas
- Evidence of a structured approach to identifying the right priorities for users
- Able to ask the right questions, and listen carefully to the relevant answers
- Creative problem solver with a holistic mindset – connecting the dots, systematic in structuring them and detail-oriented in specifying them
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to define product requirements
- Action-oriented and able to motivate teams and colleagues towards achieving goals
- A highly empathetic, collaborative and growth mindset
It would be a bonus if you could display the following
- Experience in a startup or scaleup
- Experience with large companies (enterprises), either as an employee, service provider, vendor, etc. and thereby familiarity with their processes and workflows
- Experience working on privacy and security technologies
- Experience in our core customer markets, especially financial services
- Developer or related experience a plus
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
– Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code.
– React and Redux for frontend work.
– TensorFlow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision.
– Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services.
– AWS for underlying infrastructure.
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
Onfidoer’s all share a set of core values which include:
> Succeed Together
> Take Pride
> Create Customer Buzz
> Learn Things, Share them
> Find a Better Way
Along with our multi-national team in our London HQ we have offices in EMEA, America and APAC, making Onfido an exciting and culturally enriching place to work.
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves. Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Head benefits are focussed on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Life Page!
Please note: Onfidoers are all working from home for the time being. We also have switched to a virtual recruitment process and all our Newfidos will be onboarding remotely. Stay Safe!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.