The Sr. Product Manager is responsible for strategic planning, through definition & delivery, of our FLEX** and other eLearning product offerings. The Sr. PM will drive product innovation, revenue growth and customer adoption while leading internal teams to ensure the success of CPI’s growth initiatives around FLEX and eLearning.
The Sr. PM will work closely with internal teams (Development, Sales and Marketing) to define the eLearning product roadmap, collect and prioritize product requirements, define and execute go-to-market strategies and generally lead the tactical execution and strategic vision for eLearning from blended learning to microlearning and everything in between. This position will be the driving force behind the successful growth of CPI’s eLearning product offering.
The Sr. PM must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy with the drive to see the vision become the reality. The position will have frequent client interaction to fully understand client problems, and find innovative solutions for broad market adoption.
This is a high growth position within a high growth organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product Manage all facets of CPI’s eLearning offering, in particular its FLEX blended learning
- Lead activities across the product lifecycle including product vision, strategy, customer insights, market insights, development, planning and execution
- Optimize features and content for teaching / learning experience based on data as well as learning design, customer feedback and strategic direction
- Report on the performance within customers and end markets
- Develop tools to evaluate product efficacy and utilize that data to drive adoption
- Work collaboratively with customers and members of the development team as well as sales, marketing, training, quality and validation and IT on opportunities to accelerate growth and adoption of eLearning
- Work with support areas of the business to formalize the FLEX onboarding process including Product Training (Quick Start Guides / On-Demand video / Weekly Live Webinar)
- Synthesize customer insights from multiple sources and own the subsequent product strategy and feature prioritization based on inputs from these sources
- Use qualitative and customer research and data analysis to communicate product vision to senior management and various stakeholders
- Manage all aspects related to product pricing and positioning, especially being the steward of the product’s value proposition
- Responsible for achievement of growth objectives including market share, revenue, and return on investment for the FLEX offering
Work Relationships and Scope: Reports to EVP with frequent interaction with all CPI employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of experience.
- Prior experience working as a Senior Product Manager in an eLearning/Blended learning environment
- Able to create and lead connected communities of individuals focused on driving toward a unified goal
- Skilled at bringing together diverse and different opinions to form a consensus or at least an agreed upon approach that moves multiple functions and products forward
- Self-motivated with an appreciation for the balance between innovation and commercial needs
- Excellent writing and presentation skills to senior management and stakeholders, with the ability to lead meetings and initiatives
- Knowledge of the latest digital trends and developments and an inherent passion to utilize that knowledge in building innovative products and services
Job Conditions/Work Location: Work is performed largely in a casual office environment at the CPI main office. Generally a 40+ hour work week. Work is primarily performed in a sitting position using a telephone, computer, keyboard, and viewing a computer monitor.
Acknowledgment: This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
About CPI: CPI is an international training organization committed to best practices and safe behavior management methods that focus on prevention. Through a variety of specialized offerings and innovative resources, CPI educates and empowers professionals to create safe and respectful work environments. This enables professionals to enrich not only their own lives, but also the lives of the individuals they serve.
The cornerstone of CPI is the Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® program, which is considered the worldwide standard for crisis prevention and intervention training. With a core philosophy of providing for the Care, Welfare, Safety, and SecuritySM of everyone involved in a crisis situation, the program’s proven strategies give human service providers and educators the skills to safely and effectively respond to anxious, hostile, or violent behavior while balancing the responsibilities of care.
For more than 35 years, CPI has been dedicated to creating crisis prevention and intervention training and resources to support the work of human service professionals and those they serve. CPI is committed to continuing its research, support, and delivery of the highest quality behavior management training and resources and to serving as an essential agent in helping professionals and the individuals in their care.
**FLEX: CPI’s blended eLearning option, that is branded as FLEX, combines online and classroom experiences to deliver a flexible learning program. This innovative training teaches the same proven skills, supports the same principles, promotes the same philosophy, and adheres to the same quality standards as traditional Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® training (the cornerstone of the CPI portfolio). The difference is in the delivery where portions of the training are delivered via online modules. Additional skills and practice interventions are then delivered afterwards in an in-class setting for those staff that require it.
CPI is committed to fostering a work environment that values the diversity and talents of each employee. Diversity encompasses all kinds of differences in people that may include: age, race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive edge in an ever-changing, global marketplace depends on the innovative ideas and insights that each person contributes. Diversity enhances our creative thinking and ultimately our business success. CPI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer striving for strength through diversity in our workforce.