Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast-growing and globally distributed cybersecurity start-up with hubs in San Francisco, Boston, and Berlin. We connect global security talent with businesses and their users by providing Penetration Testing as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
All organizations need security testing for their software and we are building the world’s largest and smartest pentest management platform to help solve this challenge at scale.
As Product Manager for our Customer Experience team you will drive the definition, development, adoption and usage of our Cobalt application for our customers via integrations with tools that matter in the security workflow. You will take ownership in defining what the Cobalt Integrations Strategy should be.
You will merge attention to detail with the ability to understand and align business objectives, while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process. You will work closely with our other Customer Experience and Pentester Experience teams.
What You Would Do
As a member of a growing team of product managers your responsibilities include:
- Own the product integrations strategy with a broader ecosystem of workflow and security tools. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert in the domain, the market, the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent our customers. Work with Product Design, Product Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams to bring the customer’s voice into the development process.
- Manage the platform integrations roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while enabling the company to think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers are a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Have familiarity with information security, security operations, vulnerability disclosure, vulnerability management and other security domain areas.
- Become an expert in pentesting best practices. You are ready to discuss and demonstrate product details with developers, product designers, security operations, pentesters, customers and sales prospects.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your product. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle.
- Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
Develop new opportunities for our market.
You Must Have
- 8+ years experience in Product Management and 3+ years experience in integrations with demonstrated ability to discover new opportunities and then define and deliver products. Experience in the security industry is a plus. Experience in fast-growing software companies an additional plus.
- Strong understanding of application lifecycle management tools such as Jira, ServiceNow, etc. Understanding of GRC tools such as RSA Archer, Tableau, Splunk, etc is a must.
- Experience integrating platforms with such tools is a plus.
Strong technical writing skills. You have the ability to write clear API documentation – you know what is important for developers to know in order to perform a successful integration.
- Strong technical skills – you can work alongside customers to help debug and improve our integration offerings,
Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must not only be the voice of the customer but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, sales and customer success.
- You must be able to channel many points of view.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems.
- Strong analytical capabilities is a plus.
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data-driven product decision-making.
- A can-do attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Experience working with global team members (This team is a global team)
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industryCompetitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (US only)