We are looking for a smart, passionate, technical and data-driven Product Manager to join our dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, launch, and manage local SEO monitoring and reporting products in line with the company’s vision and strategy.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will lead our Platform Team that is responsible for building and maintaining data microservices and management APIs, 3rd-party API integrations, report processing and queues, payments and subscriptions, and general upkeep of the platform code and its security.
In your role as Technical Product Manager, you will be concerned with how our underlying technology and APIs align with the company’s priorities and desired goals, and how these could facilitate other product development teams in delivering the best products possible.
This will allow you to shape your own product roadmap, define detailed business requirements, manage technical backlogs, work across user stories and acceptance criteria to ensure high quality delivery of services and integrations.
What you will do
- Using company strategy to develop a product roadmap for microservices, APIs and integrations you own
- Taking ownership of services and integrations on your roadmap and working with teams across the business to get them shipped
- Translating product roadmap items into well-defined product requirements including technical backlog, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Defining and prioritising development work that delivers value based on business and other development teams’ needs
- Articulating the business value to the development team so they understand the intent and objective behind the change/improvement
- Working with the development team to plan launch scope and delivery timelines, and break down the scope into launch iterations
- Working closely with other Product Managers to develop underlying services and APIs that helps them deliver products and features from their roadmap
- Providing technical expertise to other Product Managers in shaping up their business requirements
- Developing and maintaining appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future improvements
What you’ll bring to the role
- 4+ years of Technical Product Manager or Technical Product Owner experience in the SaaS industry
- Experienced in designing APIs, designing backend services, API prototyping and API concepts
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful web/app product throughout its lifecycle
- Experienced in working within an agile framework with remote agile, cross functional development teams
- Experienced in using Product Management software is a must
- Experienced in workflow or data management concepts
- A good listener with excellent communication skills, adaptability and ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- A problem solver and with an excellent work ethic
- Previous experience in building SEO / Digital Marketing products is desirable
- Though coding experience isn’t a must, but desirable for basic prototyping purposes to take an idea further
We are a Brighton-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business that helps digital marketing agencies and brands improve their SEO and online marketing performance.
Founded in 2009, we have been growing consistently, year-on-year, and today our products are used by over 5,000 businesses and agencies around the world.
We employ 180+ people across 4 countries – UK, USA, Ukraine and the Philippines. Brighton is our HQ and our global management and operational hub.
We are a people-focused business and fully committed to giving every team member the most positive work experience possible. We do this by providing abundant opportunities to learn new skills, building fantastic working relationships, and supporting you in realising your life goals, all within a culture that cherishes individuality and champions teamwork and collaboration.
Please take a look at our Glassdoor profile to find out more about the type of business and employer we are.
To enable every marketer to be brilliant at local SEO
Our People-First Philosophy
We believe the best way to enable our customers to be successful is to ensure that our team members are successful.
By providing the most positive work experience possible, each of us has the opportunity to be our best-self, at work and in life; we will be motivated, passionate, committed, and happy, and ready to help our customers in every way we can.
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic our team members have been working remotely to help keep them safe and to avoid further spreading of the virus.
As of 1st of July, 2021, we have reopened our office in central Brighton and will be hot-desking and working from home flexibly.
However, we will continue to support each individual’s choice to work from home until they personally feel safe and happy to return to the office.
We feel incredibly fortunate that BrightLocal has remained stable and profitable throughout the pandemic and we hit our revenue and growth goals for 2020. We have been able to support any struggling customers with long-term payment holidays and through additional training and support. We have had zero redundancies and have grown many of the teams across the business to ensure that we are in a strong position to help and support our growing customer base in 2021 and beyond.
We have had zero redundancies and have grown many of the teams across the business to ensure that we are in a strong position to help and support our growing customer base in 2021 and beyond.
Perks & Benefits of working at BrightLocal
Every team member enters into our company bonus scheme (worth up to 20% of annual salary) related to targets.
We offer 25 days annual holiday (plus bank holidays) and you get a day off for your birthday, too.
Health and Wellbeing Support
We are firm believers in supporting our team members in body and mind. We provide a diverse range of health and wellbeing benefits including Vitality Private healthcare (includes dental cover, CBT support and free access to Headspace App), free flu jabs and eye-care vouchers, weekly in-office massages and a comprehensive bike-to-work scheme to get people moving!
We believe in continual learning and support every team member to gain the skills and experience for them to grow in their chosen career.
Each team member has an annual training budget to spend on external & online courses to develop their career and specialism.
We encourage teams to attend conferences together to develop a shared understanding of best practices.
We will help you gain experience & training to turn your day to day work into a skill. You will receive extensive training on SEO, marketing and the BrightLocal platform.
The office is informal and casual. We expect people to work hard but also to enjoy their time at work. We have a constantly-stocked drinks fridge and our kitchen cupboards overflow with snacks – of both the healthy and (very) unhealthy kind.
We love to celebrate all team members’ birthdays – enjoy cakes, drinks and cards!
And we also make a big deal of important work anniversaries with presents and gift cards.
The music is always on and we take time out every few weeks to do fun team activities. We tend to break early on a Friday afternoon to ‘prepare for the weekend’ – i.e. lots of food (snacks) and drinks (beer, wine, G&Ts and soft drinks – take your pick!)
Team Activities and Social
We believe that getting to know each other personally and trying new things makes work all the more enjoyable.
Team lunches and Friday beers are a regular thing.
Quarterly team building activities offer something for everyone (escape rooms, volleyball, sailing trips, go karting and more…).
We encourage work-life balance by enabling our employees to work abroad for up to 3 weeks a year – be it France, New Zealand, Costa Rica or Bali… the world is there to be explored and we want to help you explore it.