Block is a platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work.
Block simplifies the renovation process to give homeowners a reliably good experience, with certainty around outcomes, quality, price, and time. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to identify opportunities, develop hypotheses, and deliver measurable impact in the homeowner decision-making journey. You’ll partner with the cross-functional Growth team to develop a vision, strategy, and roadmap and lead a dedicated squad as we expand our geographical footprint, grow our professional network, and refine our physical offering. Your work will balance optimizations across our existing funnel and strategic bets on our overall business model.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a squad of engineering, product design, and analytics support to achieve growth metrics
- Gain a deep understanding of business economics to drive innovation
- Develop and advocate best practices and an ethos for experimentation across the organization
- Develop a framework to identify and validate opportunities towards shared goals
- Build strong partnership with Marketing and Sales with an eye towards empowerment
- Mentor product managers and identify opportunities for team to learn
- Experienced: 3 to 5 years of product management experience with at least 2 years of Growth experience.
- Strong understanding of agile development, UX design, user research, and product analytics
- Data-driven: Passion for hypothesis-driven product development, experimentation, and A/B testing
- Excellent product judgement: Ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance stakeholder needs with business priorities, and drive detailed trade-offs over the product lifecycle
- User-centric: Passionate about creating great consumer experiences, and openness to exploring first principles to develop innovation
- Resourceful: Willingness to be scrappy to validate concepts, manage scope, and deliver results
- Grit: Proven track record of delivering outcomes through continuous improvement
- Clear communicator: Ability to articulate priorities and keep alignment across the organization
- Earn equity in an early stage high-growth company
- 100% subsidized health insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage
- 12 weeks universal fully paid family leave
- Flexible paid vacation days and company holidays
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Dedicated learning and development budget and online access to training courses
- Employee discount on renovation services
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
Problems are our fuel
Collaborate with tenacity and humility
Save money where we should
Speed is our advantage