Block is a platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work.
Block simplifies the renovation process to give homeowners a reliably good experience, with certainty around outcomes, quality, price, and time. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our Growth squad, where you will partner closely with engineering, product, and internal stakeholders to improve the experience of our customers learning about Block. Renovations are a high stakes experience for homeowners, and a highly detailed process for design and construction professionals. Your work will balance simplicity and flexibility in designing experiments to nurture customers through their decision-making journey.
Once here, you will:
- Design data-based experiments to solve customer pain points and drive specific outcomes tied to our business goals.
- Collaborate with other designers, product and engineering to rapidly iterate as your team ships A/B tests.
- Translate experiment outcomes and customer research into high-fidelity design specs.
- Develop relationships with sales, marketing, product, and engineering to design elegant, outcome-based solutions.
- Champion the user, and regularly engage with customers to develop a solid understanding of their needs.
- Self-start and take ownership over the details from beginning to end.
- Organize user research from beginning to end including concepting, socializing insights, and incorporating feedback into designs.
- 1-4 years of digital product design experience, along with a portfolio that demonstrates problem solving and a mastery of layout, typography and visuals.
- Strong understanding of designing experiments to drive learnings, and evaluating designs through A/B testing.
Passion for experimenting and learning from failures.
- Familiarity with user research best practices and methods across different phases of the development process.
Communication skills to articulate the “why” behind design and partner cross-functionally.
- Comfort with design tools for sketching, wireframing, interface design tools (Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator), production HTML/CSS for the Web, and native prototyping tools (Framer, Principle).
- Early stage employee equity
- Vacation days and company holidays
- 100% employer subsidized health insurance, dental, vision
- 12 weeks fully paid family leave + optional leave
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
Problems are our fuel.
Be tenacious and calm.
Save money and time where we should.
Speed is our advantage.
Stay humble – in failure and success.