The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach zero, we need everyone to come together. Not as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Orion, part of Kaluza, is our flexible software platform which enables energy retailers to provide a simple, transparent, reliable experience to their customers. By moving to a more real-time view of data, we’re increasing the transparency and accuracy of energy charges to reduce customer confusion and help avoid unexpected costs. We build tools and processes which enable retailers to solve customer problems and help those customers to better manage their energy at home
What will I be doing?
We’re looking for an experienced technical product manager to join our platform teams responsible for shared infrastructure, services, and developer tools. These teams underpin our platform, providing core systems such as kubernetes and kafka and enabling Kaluza’s product teams to focus on their core value offerings.
We’re looking for someone who has a technical background and a platform product mindset to evolve the current capabilities and deliver effective solutions as we scale and grow. You’ll embrace challenging how things are done currently and have a passion for making Kaluza the most forward-thinking and fulfilling place for engineers to work.
The products and tools owned by these teams will be used by product teams across Kaluza. You’ll need excellent communication skills, the ability to ruthlessly prioritise and be able to manage and plan with a variety of stakeholders with varying needs.
Is this the job for me?
You’re the right person for us if you:
- Are an accomplished technical product manager or engineering manager with a product mindset
- Are an expert communicator; you are proficient in understanding complex domains and explaining those succinctly
- Have experience of working in an Agile environment
- Are equally comfortable working with leaders and team members alike
- Are comfortable with the ambiguity that comes from working in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to changing market needs
- Have strong analytical skills, able to cut through opinions with data
- Are experienced in working with technical products that have multiple stakeholders
- Find new concepts easy to understand, and show the tenacity to keep asking until clarity is achieved
- Love sharing your skills and experiences with colleagues
Know your strengths, yet recognise there’s always more to learn from others
- Can build bridges with people across the organisation
- Are fluent in written and spoken English in a business context
- Have a technical background either academically or as an engineer (preferable)
- Have experience of building platform products (preferable)
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies on our careers page and Glassdoor. We’re also delighted to have received a Top Employers certificate in 2018, 2019 and 2020!