We are looking for an experienced user experience researcher that will advocate for the user’s total experience across all our product portfolio. You will often be asked to work with multiple cross-functional teams and will be juggling multiple projects. You will own end-to-end research for a set of experiences and will be able to fully participate throughout the process – starting with discovery, all the way through delivery and measurement.
User Experience Researchers are looked upon as subject matter experts on our client and partner users. You will recommend the appropriate methodology, protocol and offer insights from previous studies. You will support multiple teams with varying degrees of needs and urgency. Your ability to scope, prioritize and deliver actionable findings to the cross-functional teams is key to your success in this role.
You will also play a critical role in establishing, evangelizing and scaling user experience research at PI. You will work tightly with design leadership, design operations, product designers, brand designers, product marketers and Business Intelligence teams to establish and codify the research process. You will also find yourself educating and enabling others on research methods and processes formally and informally.
You are a practical researcher who can articulate the necessary tradeoffs that balance end user needs with business objectives. You value collaboration and learnings and measure your success by the user and business impact you’re making over perfection of the research study.
- Lead scoping, prioritization, planning and execution of research projects with appropriate research methodology
- Analyze, synthesize and present actionable findings (eg., design considerations, job-to-be-done statements) to a wide group of internal audience
- As appropriate, conduct generative (eg., discovery interviews, surveys) and evaluative research (eg., user interface testing, card sorts, concept testing, first-click tests) with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with product designers, developers, product management, product marketing, and front line team members to identify research opportunities to improve the client and partner experiences
- Codify and standardize the research process and relevant methodologies and artifacts (eg., (research protocols,test plans, worksheets, findings templates)
- Contribute towards learning knowledge repository
- Evangelize and educate the organization on user experience research
- Mentor junior researchers and interns as assigned
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
Proficiency on research methods (strong on qualitative, familiarity with quantitative)
Proficiency with remote tools such UserZoom, UserTesting.com, Optimal Workshops
Excellent facilitation skills to engage internal cross-functional teams, and external partners and clients
3+ years of experience as a User Experience Researcher or equivalent required. SAAS experience preferred.
A Bachelor’s in Human Factors, Cognitive Science, HCI, Interaction Design, or related field