FutureLearn is transforming access to education. Backed by the Open University and based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by many leading universities from around the globe.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over six million learners. They come to study a diverse range of topics, including business and management, healthcare, teaching and digital skills.
Our award-winning platform helps them learn by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
About this role
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our highly collaborative, 100-strong company, to help more learners discover and benefit from the FutureLearn community.
We’re looking for an aspiring Product Manager to join the team working our objective to grow the number of active learners using FutureLearn, whose skills and expertise will help us dramatically grow the global community accessing education. The role will report to the Senior Product Manager, who leads our multi discipline Discovery and Activation team and will be responsible for the day-to-day hands-on product management.
What you’ll be doing
Product Managers at FutureLearn are responsible for four key areas:
- Understanding and interpreting data and user research
- Encouraging and managing ideas generated from learners, partners and staff
- Working with marketers, developers and designers to understand complexity of different solutions
- Evaluating and scoping opportunities based on learner, business and partner needs
- Shaping the strategic direction of the product
- Creating, managing and communicating roadmaps and backlogs for specific products
- Developing explicit metrics to measure success and guide decision-making
- Facilitate team decisions and resolving conflicts
- Prioritising – (and saying ‘no’)
- Defining and agreeing what ‘done’ looks like
- Writing stories and defining scope
- Celebrating success when the team’s outcomes are met
- Encouraging innovation, both in what we create and how our product team works
- Communicating the vision for a product, as well as roadmaps and plans, to the team
- Facilitating workshops with stakeholders and product team members
- Contributing to regular meetings such as sprint reviews
- Sharing information regularly with other teams to understand their plans
You will have demonstrable experience of:
- Working in a cross functional teams, ideally in a product management capacity
- Significantly growing the audience of a consumer product
- Working in partnership with marketing teams to shape and deliver acquisition strategies
- Facilitating developers, designers, user researchers and others to successfully deliver projects in a hands-on way
- Communicating ideas, numbers and vision to a range of stakeholders
- Planning and prioritising product development
While you’ll need an appreciation of product management and agile principles, due to the nature of this role, we’re particularly interested in hearing from candidates with a background in marketing and acquisition.
In addition, you’ll have an interest in the future of education, thrive on exploring pioneering new ways of doing things and be passionate about creating delightful solutions.
- £40,000 – £50,000 salary, based on experience
- 28 days holiday
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Childcare tax vouchers / Season ticket loans / Bike to work scheme
- Daily breakfast
We celebrate diversity at FutureLearn and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Deadline: 03/07/2017 23:55 BST