We are working exclusively with Gucci to find a senior level Product Manager. Gucci’s products are sold online and distributed through a network of directly operated boutiques and a small number of select department and speciality stores. E-commerce also represents a complementary valuable channel, ensuring an exclusive and luxurious shopping experience. They have a deep respect for the past but at the same time with an eye firmly focussed on the future. The Company has been increasingly investing in the Internet and digital evolution for almost ten years, in order to establish its digital leadership. Their goal is to reach a broader audience, achieving strong brand awareness through rich and appealing content. Their website is currently e-commerce enables in 13 countries across North America, Europe and Asia.
Gucci.com continues the aggressive growth of its digital channels, therefore, we are looking for an insightful, motivated, and highly organized individual to drive the launch of strategic initiatives across all regions.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- 1. Develop business case for new, strategic initiatives that accelerate revenue growth – whether new country site launches, new platforms or new delivery models.
- 2. Drive the implementation of strategic initiatives – from the concept phase to launch – partnering with the local market and MIS project managers.
- a. Collect and define business requirements for approved initiatives from internal and external sources
- b. Create cross-functional team and set-up stakeholder group. Align HQ and regional organizations
- c. Following a standardized product development process, create and manage a cross-functional project plan, milestones and deliverables across all phases: Business Case/Concept Development, Feasibility, Design, Build, Launch, Post-Implementation Review
- d. Work with functional leads – marketing, merchandising, operations, finance, legal, etc. – to drive deliverables and meet milestones
- e. Resolve cross-functional issues/discrepancies. Make prioritization decisions.
- f. Report project progress to Stakeholder group. Identify risks and escalate when necessary
- g. Establish gating criteria and review with Stakeholders at the end of each phase – Concept, Feasibility, Design, Build, Launch
- h. Monitor post-launch results vs. business case
- i. Manage project’s budget
- 3. Identify new strategic opportunities and contribute to the Digital team’s roadmap.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 7+ years in a product marketing/management/development function in an online start-up, consulting firm or multi-national company. Preference for B2C/eCommerce environment, developing digital product strategy and roadmaps.
- Exceptional combination of business analysis with operational execution
- Ability to identify business opportunities, build case and sell in to key constituents
- Demonstrated experience gathering requirements and organizing resources
- Demonstrated ability to launch complex projects with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ideally experience of launching products internationally
- Deep appreciation or experience of the luxury market
- Innovative & analytical thinker with a passion for digital/technology
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder groups
Location: Milan or Florence, Italy (open to relocation)
Start a conversation with us by emailing me, Anney Wyner at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV or LinkedIn profile or call me on +44 (0) 7816 762 211.
UNSOLICITED CONTACT BY RECRUITMENT AGENTS WILL NOT BE APPRECIATED BY THE COMPANY AND WILL BE REDIRECTED TO SEARCHTRIBES.