Trade Me Property is NZ’s most popular property site, with more than twice as many Kiwi visitors than any of the competition. We’re proud of our ability to connect with consumers and real estate agents alike, and we have exciting plans in the pipeline!
To drive our success further, we’re on the hunt for a super-smart and highly motivated Senior Product Manager to join our Auckland Property team.
Trade Me’s Property business operates in a fast-changing environment. We’re challenged constantly by existing and emerging competitors, as well as the transformational impact of new technologies and changing consumer behaviours. We’re looking to grow and develop by offering our core customers (real estate professionals) opportunities to market their listings and their brand profile. This means we need to understand market dynamics, and be attuned to the needs of both our customers and consumers to remain relevant and valued.
We’re after a passionate owner of the product portfolio, who can help us fulfil our long-term vision ‘To be at the heart of Kiwi property, through awesome online experiences they love’.
You need to be aware of today’s environment, with a vision for the future of the product. You’ll need an understanding of our users, the technical sphere and commercial imperatives.
In this role you’ll:
- Deliver high-quality products that meet our business objectives.
- Lead through influence and position to deliver business value. You will leverage your highly developed skills including strategy, analysis, research, planning and Go To Market ability.
- Constantly consider investment decisions around product development and optimise the ROI.
- Demonstrate planning, strategic thinking, and initiative to other product managers and team mates.
- Stand in for the Head of Product when needed.
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- 5+ years’ experience of working in a product management role within a consumer-facing online business. This includes prioritisation, measuring impact, competitor analysis, market research, UX testing, product marketing, strategy and roadmap development, and mentoring.
- 3+ years of product management experience within a Agile software development practice.
- Strategic competency demonstrated with experience of product and/or business management, along with commercial nous that shows good judgment and performance success.
- Commercial ability to produce business cases, ROI projections, and assess performance against projections.
- Strong analytical capabilities. You can identify patterns and make recommendations with a creative problem solving approach.
- Experience across all aspects of product design, launch and in-market management.
- Deep passion for technology with entrepreneurial experience that is either self-generated or as part of a team.
What we have to offer:
- A collaborative, supportive work environment where you truly are encouraged to make things better.
- Free fruit and as much good coffee as you can stomach in a work day.
- Swinging basket seats, pool tables, ping-pong.
- The chance to make a difference in New Zealand’s biggest online marketplace.
Trade Me is a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work. We’re looking for someone who’ll thrive in this environment. We operate a dynamic and unique office culture, intended to reflect and empower our values and our “informal but serious” work ethic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
We are also proud to have been recognised as a finalist in IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces Award for the last seven years running.
Check out what it’s like to work Trade Me in our video and drop us a line.