At the Government Digital Service (GDS), our mission is to build a simple, joined-up and personalised experience of government for everyone.
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager for GOV.UK Notify – our high profile messaging platform which touches the lives of nearly everyone in the UK.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager for GOV.UK Notify – our high profile messaging platform and one of the products in our Government as a Platform programme.
GOV.UK Notify lets service teams across the public sector send text messages, emails and letters to their users cheaply and easily, improving the user’s experience.
Launched 5 years ago, Notify is used by over 1,000 organisations and has sent 4 billion notifications including 1 billion SMS messages, on behalf of 5000 public services – including to alert people to flood warnings, remind soldiers of their medical appointments, update people on their passport applications and inform prison wardens of their rotas, plus hundreds of millions of messages letting people know their Covid PCR test results and confirming vaccination appointments.
As a Lead Product Manager, you’ll:
- own and be responsible for your product, developing and articulating a clear vision and achievable goals, developing and iterating the product strategy and roadmap
- lead and support a multidisciplinary product team, turning that vision into reality, running, supporting and continuously improving its products to meet user needs
- lead engagement with stakeholders, users and partner organisations, by running demos, blogging, speaking at conferences and facilitating workshops
- maintain knowledge of the changing digital and technology landscape and the opportunities they provide to improve the delivery of public services in the UK
- coach and mentor other members of the product community, identifying learning and development opportunities for people and teams
Who you are
We’re interested in people who have experience in a number of the following areas:
- product managing high-volume digital products in a fast-paced environment, working with multidisciplinary, agile teams, – from discovery to delivery, and continuous, data-led improvement and iteration of a mature, live product, ensuring a consistent approach to user and technical operational support
- engaging directly with users, including senior stakeholders and coordinating this engagement across a number of organisations to identify a common set of needs and priorities
- high-level understanding of modern technologies used in delivery of cloud-based software products – and able to explain the purpose and constraints of these technologies to non-technical people
- developing and selling a product strategy to secure funding and support for your products, including building and iterating economic and commercial models for products, that cover costs, benefits and pricing
- working in or with public sector organisations, including cross-organisational working and navigating spend control processes and procurement
- strong communication skills that enable you to engage with people through a range of channels and explain what you are doing and how you are doing it in clear and compelling ways
- recruiting, coaching and line management of product managers, identifying learning and development opportunities for individuals and teams
Click the link for more information, including the full list of skills and experience we’re looking for to be successful in this role.