Commonplace connects people with the places they live, work or play to accelerate positive change. We do this because communities that host inclusive conversations also create trusted collaborations, which improve the quality of life and fabric of their neighbourhood.
Thousands of Commonplaces across the UK (and a few international ones) have already changed the way we travel and experience our cities and towns. Hundreds of local authorities and property developers choose Commonplace to collaborate with the public in an open and transparent way. The Commonplace platform makes it easy to have your say, whether it’s a street layout for a cycle path, a new building with shops and flats or a 20 year strategy to regenerate your neighbourhood.
We raised £3m series A investment in March 2019 and saw our business grow more than 3x during the pandemic. Together, we’ve reached over 3.5m people and can’t wait to continue powering product-led growth with new products and feature enhancements. Want to play a pivotal role in this movement? Join us and lead our customer squad to help deliver and shape our ambitious product roadmap.
About the role:
You’ll be product managing one of our two product squads at Commonplace, reporting to our Head of Product. Ideally you’ve got experience in creating B2B SaaS products and are used to speaking with potential and current customers about their pains and gains. You’re an excellent communicator, have attention to detail and can talk ‘tech’ to unstick developers and coordinate research efforts with designers and other teams.
You’ll coordinate the overall product development flow from the idea stage through the product development cycle. Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Build awareness and understanding of user needs and expectations by spending time with existing customers, prospects, business development colleagues and customer success team.
- Collaborate with UX and design colleagues to discover new ideas, products and features and define experiments that deliver value for existing customers and prospects.
- Prioritise and validate potential enhancements, advanced functionality, and entirely new products and solutions.
- Translate ideas into product requirements for design and engineering and develop a long-term product roadmap.
- Work with engineers to determine if we should build internally, buy, or partner to meet certain product specifications.
- Plan out how to drive product adoption and training with marketing and customer success colleagues.
- Measure the success of new features and products in order to drive further iteration and experimentation, to help monitor and drive delivery of product OKRs.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Google analytics/ Mixpanel
- A/B testing and feature flags
- User testing tools such as hotjar
- Jira or equivalent
- Know your way around a database with basic SQL or Mongo queries
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast growing startup and present ideas to a varied audience comfortably
Experience & Qualifications include:
- Experience in product management and a proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Ideally experience in B2B (or even better B2B2C) products primarily focussing on UX, reporting and data.
- Understanding of data/web analytics and experience of taking data driven decisions in previous projects.
- Experience in working on an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience presenting to executive leadership, participating in sales, and handling sensitive customer needs.
Attitudes & Behaviours:
- Happy setting ambitious goals and targets for a product squad, through matrix management of a number of disciplines (design, engineering, quality assurance)
- Able to provoke discussions to simplify features to the smallest possible experiment which proves the outcome sought
- Strong problem solving skills, structured way of working, an entrepreneurial mindset and a “get-things-done” attitude
- Energetic and passionate about products and able to work under pressure
- Comfortable with repeat failure, able to regroup and refocus when a product experiment doesn’t go to plan.
Compensation and benefits:
- A competitive salary, with a company bonus potential and equity component once you’ve passed probation
- Flexible holiday arrangements – we don’t limit how much you take
- 20 days fully paid company sick leave
- A tailored learning and development plan
- Our culture and policies offer flexibility to help you maintain a work / life balance that suits you
Our team is proud of our supportive and inclusive culture, and we’re committed to making Commonplace welcoming to everyone who comes to work with us. We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Collaborating to make better decisions, faster
- Accelerating growth in sales, customer value and community impact
- Acting with integrity to make fair decisions and be kind to each other
- Being brave in the way that we shape the future