Location: Flexible – but close to one of our London, Bristol or Edinburgh offices
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Part of OVO Group, Kaluza is the leading intelligent energy platform powering the future of energy. From revolutionising billing to smart electric vehicle charging, Kaluza’s real-time cloud platform empowers some of the biggest energy suppliers to optimise their operations and invest in innovating for tomorrow’s customers. Driving decarbonisation, Kaluza intelligently manages the charging of smart home technologies, reducing customers’ energy bills and laying the foundations for a more flexible, cheaper and greener energy system. www.kaluza.com
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
At the heart of an energy retailers system for managing their customers, is the billing engine. A customer wants to understand the health of their account and what their incomings and outgoings are; an agent needs to assist customers with their billing view when things change or problems arise and the finance team needs to have an auditable view of what has happened during a fixed period. The product we build needs to simplify the needs of these different users into a strong foundation of transactions and invoices as data entities and the connections between them.
What will I be doing?
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead a cross-functional team. This team is responsible for designing and building tools on our Energy Platform.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating a system to record financial transactions on a customers account for billing and financial reporting purposes.
- Creating and issuing statements to end users to ensure an exceptional billing process.
- Displaying billing information to customers or agents to help those end users understand the financial position of their account.
- You’ll lead and motivate your team to design and build generic solutions for the billing engine, evolving our existing system to support more use cases and needs.
- You’ll guide your team in setting their product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- The successful candidate will need to show they can deliver simple, innovative solutions for a range of complex needs – serving customers, energy retailers and regulatory bodies.
We’d love to hear from you if you…
- Are looking for autonomy and accountability to deliver great outcomes, while delivering value at the earliest opportunity
- Lead by example and collaborate with stakeholders on iterative product development
- Are excited by working in a dynamic environment, responding to changing market needs
- Can quickly understand and master new concepts, and show the tenacity to question until you get clarity
- Love sharing your skills and experiences with colleagues
- Know your strengths, yet recognise there’s always more to learn
- Can communicate and collaborate effectively with leaders and team members alike
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will be/have:
- From a product or startup background
- Have excellent core product management skills with track record with iterative product development from discovery to launch to continual optimisation
- Able to demonstrate experience of managing multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced competitive environment
- Experienced in working with finance or accounting systems would great, but is not a must
- Experienced in complex ecosystems, and excited by new and challenging sectors
- Passionate about digital, agile, software product management
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams and a team player who embraces collaboration across your own and different teams
- Happy to own, shape, and go all-in on a product
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies on our careers page and Glassdoor. We’re also delighted to have received a Top Employers certificate in 2018, 2019 and 2020!