Location: Edinburgh or Bristol preferred
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. We’re a collection of companies with a single vision: to power human progress with clean affordable energy for everyone. Find out more here.
Kaluza is the centrepiece of OVO Group’s ambition to become the world leader in distributed energy technology. Kaluza is shaping the future: a distributed, consumer-centric energy system that will be the nervous system connecting energy retailers, grid & network operators and consumers to provide clean, affordable energy for everyone.
Kaluza is our flexible software platform which enables energy suppliers to provide a simple, transparent, reliable & ultimately delightful experience to their customers. We build tools and processes which enable suppliers to solve customer problems and help end users better manage their energy at home.
What you’ll be doing
Energy suppliers across the world deal with a huge range of industry complexity which is all but hidden from the end energy customer. Managing these unseen, but critical processes forms a significant part of a supplier’s operation and often has a material impact on the end customer’s experience. Kaluza solves this problem for suppliers by allowing them to run their operations efficiently at scale by providing accurate, timely data and a mix of intelligent automation & delightful agent tooling.
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to join one or our Smart experience teams providing data, product functionality and tooling to support our retailers to manage their smart metering portfolio.
You’ll love this role if you enjoy working in a cross functional team, solving complex problems and working closely with stakeholders at varying seniority across our business and with our retail partners. The successful candidate will need to show a real passion for the understanding of, and collaborating with, a wide range of complex problems from customers, energy retailers and regulatory bodies and working with their teams to prioritise opportunities and deliver valuable, innovative solutions.
We’d love to hear from you if you are/have
- An accomplished product manager with a history of commercial product ownership
- Experience in building platform or customer-focussed B2B products
- An expert communicator; you are proficient in understanding complex domains and explaining those succinctly
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Equally comfortable working with leaders and team members alike
- Comfortable with the ambiguity that comes from working in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to changing market needs
- Strong analytical skills, able to use data to drive your decisions
- Experienced in working with technical products that have multiple stakeholders with varying and potentially competing needs
- Fluent in written and spoken English in a business context
You’ll love working with us if you…
- Are passionate about working in a dynamic environment and responding to change
- Find new concepts easy to understand, and show the tenacity to keep asking until clarity is achieved
- Love sharing your skills and experiences with colleagues
- Know your strengths, yet recognise there’s always more to learn from others
- Build bridges with people across the organisation
- Humbly embrace servant leadership
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies on our careers page and Glassdoor. We’re also delighted to have received a Top Employers certificate in 2018, 2019 and 2020!