We are currently seeking applications for a Senior Digital Designer within the Digital Public Services and Business Transformation Division based in Edinburgh. This is a 23 month fixed term and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Digital Designer to join our product team designing for large scale digital products that will have a positive impact on millions of people. Achieving this goal will require user-centred design principles and collaboration with teams of designers, researchers, engineers and product managers throughout the delivery process. You will have a grounding in core design principles with a flare for interface design. You will strive to learn as much as you will share.
For jobs in Bands B and C, you must hold a minimum of 3 SCE Higher or A Level qualifications (grades A-C) with one being English. Other qualifications equivalent to these may also be acceptable, if you are in any doubt please contact the Resourcing Officer named at the end of this advert to discuss.
1. Experience in a digital design role based in a collaborative, iterative delivery setting
2. Sense of rational, consistent and simple design in a publishing and transactional context
3. Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user centred design process
4. Ability to prioritise and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines to a very high standard of delivery
5. Experience designing and building visual language frameworks for use across a range of devices
1. Experience of a design role working on digital products and services operated at scale
2. Please include URLs for your online portfolio or work examples, relevant to the mygov.scot products and services