Polco is Hiring a Product Manager!
Polco is looking for a solutions-oriented, tech-savvy, experienced Product Manager who wants to improve cities and communities by building great civic engagement software. We’re looking for a tenacious problem solver who loves a challenge and is excited by the pace of a startup. You’ll lead a cross-functional team to identify where we can provide more value to our admins. Specifically, this position will work to build scalable solutions that help our admins get representative feedback from their community and turn that data into actionable insights.
Who we are
Polco is dedicated to transforming how local governments, representatives, and community organizations interact with the communities they serve. We’re all about civic engagement and creatively bringing new and innovative technologies to the front lines of public governance. Our team comes from every walk of life and all corners of the political spectrum, but we’re all problem solvers at heart.
What You’ll Do
As a product manager at Polco, you’ll jump right into the role, learning our product and collaborating with other teams to deliver value to our users.
- Work with a small cross-functional team and partner closely with engineering, design, and internal stakeholders to find elegant but practical solutions to business and user challenges
- You’ll be an early team member, with the opportunity to have a major impact on our product, our culture, and the overall business
- Work with engineers to create stories in JIRA and plan sprints
- Collaborate with the Head of Product to develop the product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Lead brainstorming sessions with key stakeholders to learn about client needs and identify product solutions
Who you are
- You’re good at balancing details with big picture timing and impact
- Ability to synthesize project scope and communicate with engineers
- You have 3+ years of product management experience
- Experience with govtech a big plus
- Experience and comfort implementing with Agile methodologies
- Fearlessness and a comfort with uncertainty. You have an acumen for turning complex problems into actionable plans
- Are self-driven and have strong communication skills
Why work with us?
- Remote-first work environment – the product team is currently spread out in CA, CO, and WI with quarterly retreats to collaborate
- The excitement of being with a rapidly growing tech company
- The ability to have a real impact
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Benefits package including dental, medical, vision coverage
- Flexible work hours and paid time off
- Home office setup stipend
How to apply
Send a resume and a short cover letter to email@example.com, and you’ll hear back from us within a week.