Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to lead a team spanning two major growth areas: partnerships and Meetup Pro, our upgrade product for small businesses. You know how to work with leadership to refine your team’s vision and create a roadmap. You know how to turn a vision into goals, goals into a roadmap, and a roadmap into tasks for your team. You excel at keeping a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, customer support, and product marketers working effectively and efficiently to amplify one of the fastest growing segments of Meetup’s organizers: small businesses. And you will partner with the Head of Business Development to create new ways of partnering with big brands to drive key ecosystem growth metrics at Meetup.
You should have a passion for making data-driven product decisions supported by both metrics and user research and have a track record of successfully collaborating with multiple cross-functional stakeholders as well as product managers, engineers, and designers. Your ultimate goal is to build a high quality product that drives engagement from our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Be the product manager for a cross-functional product team leading the end-to-end product development process, shipping features across native mobile and web platforms using data and user research to guide your and the team’s decision-making.
- Clearly articulate, document, and communicate work, plans, roadmaps, and decisions using impactful user stories, problem statements, briefs and presentations both inside and outside your team.
- Lead the product development process for your team, inspiring them to create their best work.
- Work cross functionally alongside engineering, design, marketing, customer support and other counterparts across the business to scope effective solutions and ensure that we’re building top-notch consistent product experiences.
- Take full ownership of your work, taking responsibility for every detail each step of the way, consistently establishing metrics to measure product and team success.
- Partner with other PMs to articulate the long, medium, and short term opportunities, facilitating alignment exercises when needed (e.g. design sprints, workshops, planning).
- Partner with the GM, Meetup Pro to develop and evolve our long-term strategic product vision for our small business customers.
- Partner with the Head of Business Development at Meetup, attending partnership calls, with a key focus on strategic initiatives, tactical planning, and helping to streamline processes.
- Convert business development ideas and conversations into client-facing presentations and internal action plans.
You’re our ideal teammate if:
- You want to help change a company and position one of the Internet’s great brands for explosive growth.
- You’ve held a senior product role and managed both B2B and B2C products.
- You’ve launched features across responsive web, iOS, and Android apps.
- You’re obsessed with measuring the impact of everything you ship.
- You collaborate successfully with designers and engineers.
- You think strategically but you also love getting your hands dirty.
- You’re scrappy. You find ways to continually learn, act, and adjust quickly.
- You have the ability to think long- and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuous release process while iterating toward a future vision
- You’re up on all the latest trends in mobile, voice, payments, and other emerging platforms and you have a strong instinctual sense of where things are going so that you can ensure Meetup’s continuing success in the future.
- Bonus: You have international experience. Meetup is translated into 12 languages, with more being added soon.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?