You might know us as the UK’s top value-for-money provider of phone, broadband, TV and mobile for people at home and at work. We offer the ability to share ideas, daily challenges, frenetic pace and big rewards. We’re a perfect match for the go-getter, the innovator, the creative thinker and the problem-solver.
Job Description Summary
You’ll be a Digital Product Manager who can demonstrate experience in defining, designing and delivering successful online products in a business to consumer environment.
You’ll be joining a digital native online team and you’ll be working closely with a number of Digital Product Owners and Managers and small, agile and full stack squad teams. You’ll own some of TalkTalk’s key In Life experiences, ensuring all of our customers are able to Self-Serve effortlessly and that they remain engaged. This will be through a combination of existing capabilities and implementation of new and innovative solutions alongside optimisation and improvement of our Digital experiences.
Working in a fast paced and demanding organisation, you’ll be accountable for delivering a combination of pre-determined business projects, alongside continuous improvement, optimisation and innovation for you product, in order to significantly shift core KPIs, such as My Account engagement and call reduction. Ultimately the outcome of your work is to keep our customers Online, to not give them a reason to call and to ensure that they are happy with their experience so NPS goes up and Churn goes down.
You’ll have a data driven mentality and solid experience in defining online product vision, product strategy and product roadmaps. You’ll be responsible for setting the direction for your product, identifying customer needs, defining product solutions, quantifying business opportunities and for managing stakeholder relationships. Ultimately you’ll manage and constantly optimise your product to achieve and exceed the budgeted targets.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Stakeholders to define the Product Vision, Product Strategy and Product Roadmap, so to support our Digital Strategy and metrics on customer digital adoption and engagement (shift from calling to Self-Serve):
- Analyse our customer needs metrics (quantitative & qualitative) to drive actionable insights on user needs and business opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of TalkTalk customers, TalkTalk competitors and the wider digital landscape and best practises through market analysis, usability studies and user surveys
- Work closely with Digital Product Owners and be accountable for the delivering of a seamless digital experience that delights customers and meets our business objectives of customers engaging with My Account and Self Serving online
- Shape MVPs and be accountable for the delivery of shippable products that meet customer needs and deliver business value
- Champion the customer and be the voice of the customer across all of your activities
- Be obsessed with identifying, quantifying and defining digital products that address customer needs and meet business objectives, prioritise them against other product initiatives and build plans to deliver against budgeted targets
- Define product metrics required to deliver, measure the success of and continuously optimise customer-centric product solutions. Take actions to ensure benefits are realised following MVPs and use customer feedback to continuously review your roll out plans and product roadmap
- Work closely and collaboratively with other parts of TalkTalk to define joint projects, represent Digital, and educate and support the business on embracing our journey of a digital first mentality
- Define hypotheses and shape A/B and MVT tests to continuous optimise the performance of your products
- Manage stakeholders within Digital and across wider TalkTalk to identify and quantify opportunities, manage expectations and clearly communicate progress
- Ultimately be responsible for the performance of your product across the entire product lifecycle (idea, discovery, launch, optimisation) so to support our Digital Strategy and deliver on budgeted targets
- Experience with Agile and use of Agile related software tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Strong analytical and numerical skills. Proven ability to analyse large amounts of data (quantitative and qualitative) and derive actionable insights
- Strong experience of using online analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely to groups, individuals and senior stakeholders
- Deep passion for the Web, digital products and user-centric online experiences
- Extensive Digital Product Management experience from idea to launch, in a business to consumer environment, with a minimum of 3 years in digital product management
- Self-motivated, hardworking, friendly, team oriented and with an energetic style and a positive “can do” attitude
- Persuasive but diplomatic
- Self-directed with excellent prioritisation skills. Demonstrable experience of handling multiple responsibilities concurrently, whilst working under deadline pressures
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Science, Computing, Web, Marketing or Arts
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- High level of attention to detail
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to set and maintain deadlines
Great to have:
- Understanding of APIs and how they impact product
- Familiarity with mobile apps, hybrid and/or native
- Understanding of user experience methodologies