Senior UX/UI Designer
About Fitmate Coach
Fitmate Coach offers an online health & fitness coach to help people achieve their body goals, all via messaging. The coach ensures people succeed in the programme by tailoring actions to their specific circumstances, by looking at holistic solutions (nutrition, exercise, lifestyle) and by keeping participants accountable. The technology platform allows the programme to be affordable and work at scale.
Fitmate is an early stage start-up of Eternity Ventures, a London-based incubator and investor that builds, funds and scales tech-startups, with a particular focus on leveraging human interaction to help people make more informed life decisions and achieve their personal goals. We’re a team of startup leaders, founders and ex-strategy consultants.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior UI/UX Designer to work alongside the Fitmate product and engineering team to create fitness & health tech product users want to integrate in their daily lives. You will be joining the business at a pivotal time and leading design of the new mobile app, fit to scale to millions of users.
Your responsibilities will include conducting user & market research, understanding user psyche & underlying needs, ideating/designing/testing mock-ups and graphic elements, and building interface components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with user research, wireframe tools and design software. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
- Continuously gather user feedback and conduct market research; implement best practices for continuous learning and UX improvement.
- Create data-driven user personas and design solutions around their underlying needs.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product manager and engineers.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets.
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields.
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes and work with engineering team to ensure the final deliverables meet the highest UX standards and drive desired behaviours.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables.)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Proven work experience as a senior UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Proven experience of a product delivery from an idea to a successfully running app/web-site.
- Portfolio of mobile design projects.
- Knowledge of process mapping & wireframing tools (e.g. InVision, etc.)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Can-do attitude and team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders across all levels of seniority.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to turnaround things quickly.
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field is preferred but not required.
What is it like at Fitmate?
- We’re passionate about our work. Life’s too short.
- We’re entrepreneurial and love to innovate
- We deeply believe in the power of modern product processes
- We’re collaborative and open to challenge – based on facts and good judgment
- We leave vanity at the door to make sure what we focus on adds value
- We empower our People to be leaders, and take the responsibilities that come with it!
Compensation and Benefits
- A competitive base salary
- Work at our offices in Central London with remote working options
- The opportunity to grow with the company as we scale the team.