Our mission is to empower people to make confident decisions. With our unique set of brands we have the best of both worlds; the excitement of a startup and the strength of well established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch.com is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching, helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Confused.com is the longest-running insurance comparison platform in the UK, pioneering the way consumers make choices about financial services.
- Money.co.uk is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Rastreator.com and LeLynx.fr are leading online comparison platforms in Spain and France respectively, helping consumers compare a range of financial services and home services products.
We have the power to reach millions of consumers around the world, solving everyday complex problems through outstanding experiences.
We are embarking on a very exciting journey to become the number one place in the UK for people to research and source a mortgage from. We believe in a world where mortgaging is simple to understand, stress free and works for you. We want to remove the pain points from the process and help people to live in their dream home. We have millions of UK consumers starting their mortgage search with us and we want to provide a digital customer first, simple and pain free end to end experience to get the right mortgage for their personal circumstances.
We are looking for a talented and forward thinking product manager to join our team and lead one of our mortgage squads focused on understanding real user requirements and to help route them into the right mortgage experience for them. You will collaborate together with an experienced and talented cross functional team to create a market leading mortgage proposition that will demystify the complex mortgage market and remove all the hard work required today to apply for a mortgage.
Because we are still early in our journey this role will require you to work through and challenge some big ideas rather than focusing on minor iterative optimisation of an existing experience. You will have the backing of a senior team to test out brave product solutions in the pursuit of building the best mortgage platform in the market. RVU will give you the perfect blend of early stage startup thinking and excitement but with the backing and support of a much bigger organisation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with the mortgages team to define a roadmap that is focussed on learning, first and foremost, and one which will move us towards sustainable growth.
- Work on building an innovative customer experience that smartly and simply understands who the customer is and how we can help them in their journey to getting the right mortgage product.
- Develop a deep understanding of mortgage users, their different needs and desires, the problems they need to solve and work to build innovative solutions to solve all that in the best way possible.
- Work together with a wide range of stakeholders across the team and the wider organisation to distil and break down complex problems into manageable and deliverable goals.
- You’ll have clear ownership and accountability of customer and product challenges to solve and will be empowered to identify and deliver solutions together with your team.
- Work closely with the team to constantly evolve and optimise how they work together in order to get better everyday.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- You understand what good product management and product processes look and feel like and are able to communicate and influence your team to solve problems together.
- You have experience of working in a digital consumer focused product environment, working with agile cross functional teams.
- You’re a problem solver and your natural approach is to build great customer focused product experiences that solve real world challenges first and foremost.
- Data sits at the heart of all your decision making and prioritisation.
- You love to get yourself deep into user behavioural data to define where the team should focus their efforts next and to decide what works and what doesn’t.
- You’re also able to distil data down to simple to understand insights to bring everyone else on the journey together.
- You focus on defining roadmaps that focus on answering the biggest customer and product questions rather than focusing on minor iterative optimisation.
- You will have experience of and a strong understanding of A/B and multivariate testing and will know how to identify and prioritise tests that will drive the biggest impact.
- You won’t always make the right decisions but where things don’t work out you’ll fail fast and use those learnings to power your next decision.
- You are an excellent communicator at all levels and are equally adept at getting into the details with engineers and analysts as you are expressing high level strategy to your senior stakeholders.
Our commitment to you:
At RVU we believe that we can be the change we wish to see in the world. We hold ourselves accountable to being open and inclusive teammates and community members. We embrace our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment that reflects the world we live in.
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- Hybrid approach of in-office and remote working – we’ve learnt to adapt our work style over the past 16 months and will be adopting a hybrid approach of in-office and remote working, once it is safe to do so, where each employee will combine a mixture of the two each week.
- ‘Work from Home’ budget to help contribute towards a great work environment at home
- Excellent maternity, paternity and adoption leave policy, for those key moments in your life
- Regular virtual events – from company-wide events with insightful external speakers, to virtual ‘coffee chats’ with fellow colleagues, we want to make sure our colleagues continue to feel connected whilst working remotely.
- Health insurance