We are looking for our Founding Product Designer who can establish and champion our end-to-end design process.
Uhubs is on a mission to help 1 billion people realise their potential by 2030. Our Product Vision is to be the platform that helps people discover, build and walk their personal development journey. We are a small and agile start-up with big ambitions. Our current goal is to reach £1m annual recurring revenue within 18 months and achieve product-market fit.
We are building a B2B product, targeted at Series A – Series D SaaS tech companies, that makes it easier for managers to develop their team, and for team members to take the initiative and find their own growth path.
We are closing a seed-stage investment round this summer and have early signs of product-market fit with a collection of revenue-generating contracts from strategic partners and other clients. Our founders have a proven record of building successful companies.
We have offices in Shoreditch, London. Preference for London-based applicants.
What’s the role?
The Founding Product Designer will work directly with the Head of Product, CTO, tech team and founders as we build our first full-stack products. We are looking for a ‘jack of all trades’ designer who loves the end-to-end process.
You will be the first design hire in the company, and the second team member in the Product team. You should be excited by a challenge, seeking your next big opportunity, and be comfortable working in the craziness of early-stage companies.
We expect this individual to have 3+ years of product design experience across UX/UI and is looking for a big step up in scope, responsibility, and impact.
What you’ll be doing every day
You will be leading the end-to-end product design process, including: UX, UI, dashboards, discovery (user research, user interviews, user tests), delivery (tech collaboration, agile delivery, build / measure / learn)
- Owning the design process from research to concepts to sketches to wireframes to prototypes to implementation
- Leading design for the dashboard product, the marketing website and any other assets needed by the company
- Collaborating with the Head of Product and CTO / Tech team to ensure all ideas are valuable, feasible and usable
- Supporting the Head of Product in shaping the roadmap
- Building out the product discovery function, working with existing clients and prospecting clients, so that we have a constant feed of user insights
- Dictating the appropriate design tool-stack
- Establishing healthy product design processes, including living documentation, consistent approach to projects, use of components, stakeholder management etc.
- Establishing and incrementing our first complete style guide
- Liaising with the founders to ensure the direction of design aligns with the company goals
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate:
- Relentlessly champions the user
- Is a self-starter who can take the initiative
- Is passionate about design and will make their voice heard
- Is able to turn a succinct brief into a successful project
- Incorporates insights from analytics and research into designs
- Finds the simplest solution
- Thinks systematically about the impact of their design decisions on the wider product
- Is able to work across multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Communicates effectively with tech teams
- Constantly asks questions
- Cares about the business implications of their work
- Gets the job done
- Is on their own personal development journey, and pushes themselves to constantly learn
- Embodies our values – Diversity, Passion, Empathy, Execution
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of design experience working on complex Products
- Experience working with data (e.g. dashboards, graphs, visualisations)
- Experience working with large content structures
- A portfolio featuring examples of product design work
- A demonstrated track record of building and releasing multi-layered products across mobile / desktop
- Read this job description [check!], and apply
- Phone interview with the Head of Product, Sam [15 minutes]
- Portfolio walkthrough with Sam [45 minutes]
- Longer task-based interview with Uhubs team [2 hours]
- Phone interview with one of the co-founders, Matt or Ash [30 minutes]
- We are looking to have made an offer for this role by 6th August, early applications encouraged.
£35k – £50k base salary
Bonus incentive plan
Favourable stock options package for first 10 employees
Flexible WFH policy, although we have a great office in Shoreditch
28 days annual leave
Free annual leave for your birthday!
Working on something meaningful, and seeing your work live
Choose your own tech gear
Quarterly team retreats
Monthly ‘unwind’ days
Monthly book club
Potential for international travel (pandemic permitting)
Cycle to work scheme
Continuous personal development year-round (we know a thing or two about it!)
Access to 200+ experts for mentoring and growth as part of our Find a Mentor scheme
Want something more? Tell us.