Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Reporting to the Project Director, P3 and Infrastructure Advisory, Project Management & Cost Consulting, we are looking for an Engineer-In-Training/ Professional Engineer with 2-5 years experience to join us as an Associate Project Manager. Your civil engineering experience will extend services to new and existing clients for public and private sector clients on Public-Private Partnership (P3) or alternative delivery infrastructure projects. You will assist the project team in managing and completing the projects within budget and on schedule as you continue to develop you design, construction, project management, cost control, and scheduling skills.
Who you are
You are an Engineer-In-Training/ Professional Engineer looking for an opportunity to develop and expand your experience in P3 and Infrastructure project management. You may be working at an Engineering or Construction firm, for one of our competitors, or on a short-term project contract.
What’s in it for you?
Exposure. This is an opportunity to work on all aspects of significant projects. You will have the chance to prepare for and lead client meetings, lead the work of teams, collaborate with subject matter experts on technical issues, and solve problems. You will have the chance to grow your skills in the areas of evaluating design and construction requirements with project terms.
Mentorship and growth opportunities. Altus Expert Services has a global presence and reputation as an industry leader. You will be coached and mentored by experienced professionals, including the Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, and Director. You will have the opportunity to rapidly grow your own hands-on P3 and Infrastructure project management skills and move up to a Project Manager and beyond. As part of Altus Expert Services, there is no limit to where your career can take you.
Our new Associate Project Manager, P3 and Infrastructure Advisory, will focus on:
- Provide technical services. With senior oversight, you will undertake all aspects of project management services for P3 projects. You will:
- Work with technical/engineering staff to resolve any technical issues.
- Conduct and oversee field inspections
- Coordinate technical review of large P3 projects
- Track the progress of several concurrent projects with frequent shifts in focus through the different phases.
- Review, assess, and recommend technical solutions for improvements on assigned P3 projects.
- Produce and review quality programs, monthly update reports, advising on design, schedule, risk, change, and cost; highlighting areas of concern and conflict.
- Review contract documentation for risk mitigation purposes.
- Prepare construction cost estimates.
- Review and verify that all project documentation is complete and accurate.
- Maintain client relationships. With guidance and oversight from senior management, you will contribute to project and site update meetings, answering questions, conducting research, and providing clear communications.
- Ensure accurate and timely electronic filing. You will manage the electronic project filing and archiving process following industry standards to ensure records are available for future reference.
Our new Associate Project Manager, P3 and Infrastructure Advisory, will have:
- The education and experience. You have a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or a related discipline. You have sound knowledge of design standards and principles as well as 2 to 5 years of experience in one of the following areas: Highway / Civil / Structural / Transit / Railway engineering. P3 project or Infrastructure Advisory experience would be an asset.
- The project management skills. You take ownership of your team deliverables and your projects. You think creatively and have an analytical approach to problem solving. You can contribute and adhere to project plans, generating reports, managing teams to ensure tasks are met on time, on budget, and to specification.
- The interpersonal skills. You have professional report writing, verbal, and presentation skills. You can coordinate and guide the work of internal and external teams. You can build productive relationships across the organization, influencing without authority. You have a genuine interest in understanding others, hearing their perspectives, and addressing their concerns.
- The access. You have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle. You are comfortable working onsite within the GTA area.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares – We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education – We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits – come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-641-9500.