Condé Nast Britain, the publisher of world-famous titles including Vogue, GQ, Glamour and WIRED, is seeking a Product Manager to provide digital support to all CN Departments and to take ownership of projects and products which are key to our growth.
As part of a small product team, you’ll be on the front-lines providing guidance and support to our digital, editorial and commercial departments. You’ll work closely with our engineering team to ensure that urgent issues are handled efficiently while also progressing our strategic objectives.
You will also use your project management expertise to help manage the day-to-day operations of the Product team and communicate progress to the wider business.
You must be able to skillfully problem solve on a daily basis, with a strong emphasis on ‘self-help’ solutions. You’ll seek out answers by studying documentation; by conferring with users, product and development teams; by immersing yourself in our analytics and by leveraging browser-based debugging tools.
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of digital skills including Agile development practices, task / project management, a strong understanding of HTML / CSS and quality assurance methods. They will be able to write product specifications and technical user stories to brief in our internal development team.
In addition, outstanding communication and organisation skills are required to manage the many and varied stakeholders across a variety of issues and projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development of digital editorial and commercial initiatives across all Condé Nast Britain titles, including British Vogue, British Glamour, British GQ, WIRED UK and Condé Nast Traveller
- Work with other members of the product team to develop and prioritise our roadmap and communicate our priorities to the wider business
- Serve as a conduit between editorial and commercial teams and developers, and provide a buffer when necessary. Keep the development team focused on the work that matters
- Manage key relationships with 3rd parties (eg digital agencies, app platform vendors) to ensure ongoing projects & BAU are delivered efficiently and in-line with business objectives
- Own the full lifecycle of an issue or project, including risk assessment and management, business alignment, design, build, quality assurance, delivery and post-delivery support
- Provide basic website and troubleshooting support for internal users of the CN websites, and ensure that issues are triaged efficiently
- Provide and maintain easy to use, helpful documentation for our internal tools and resources
- Apply proven project management skills and process to ensure we ship high-quality digital products within agreed timeframes
- Work independently with key stakeholders on the delivery of ad-hoc projects and communications
- Be willing to implement new organisational process(es) where none existed previously, and to discard any processes that aren’t working
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain issues to a range of different people, from developers to non-digital people.
- Solid digital and production skills with the ability to learn new digital tools and concepts quickly
- Good working knowledge and experience of HTML and CSS
- Experience with the digital editorial toolkit, including content management systems, media libraries, social media and content distribution platforms
- Familiarity with the tools commonly used by digital publishers at scale, including APIs, CDNs, ad servers, analytics suites, and data storage
- A high level of diplomacy and tact and ability to interact with high-level management
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- A keen interest to learn and further develop your skills with a fast-moving digital team
- Must be able to correctly type “Condé”