The main focus of the Product Manager will be optimizing the commercial outcome and customer satisfaction along ABA English product’s user journey.
The main responsibilities of that role will be
- Manage the product strategy and execution, aligned with the division and company goals.
- Perform regular competitor analysis, “listen” to the market and implement the product Business Plan by involving all the relevant stakeholders.
- Be a “product story teller”: communicate the vision and the strategy internally and externally.
- Assess data available to make performance based decisions on product optimization in collaboration with the team.
- Develop, monitor, report on and improve key product metrics; plan and analyze tests to improve the user experience and main KPIs.
- Work as a SCRUM Product Owner on developing detailed requirements and stories for the development team; translate the strategy in actionable items.
- Play a proactive role working closely with Marketing in the definition of the product capabilities, implementation of product enhancements and make sure the product meets the defined KPIs and goals.
Background and Skills
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Marketing or Business Administration. MBA highly valued.
- 5+ years’ experience developing or managing online products.
- Proven experience with digital consumer products, preferably e-commerce/subscription services.
- Good knowledge of the Agile Methodologies like SCRUM and Kanban.
- Relevant experience in all phases of a Product Life Cycle.
- Proven analytical skills – good understanding of analytics (several tools) and interpretation of data as well as the core drivers of the business.
- Internet savvy with good understanding of trends and user behaviours.
- Results orientated with sharp attention to detail and a very organized work style.
- High level of English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: ability to explain actions taken and outcomes achieved.
- Strong focus on teamwork and ability to manage relationships across multiple departments and external partners if necessary.
What makes working at ABA English great
● Open work environment with young, dynamic and outstanding international teams
● Working in a vibrant and fast paced company
● Free Breakfast every Monday
● Free English and Spanish classes
o Private health insurance: Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
o Restaurant discounts: Enjoy your lunches with a daily discount
o Childcare subsidies: We offer a discount plan for hundreds of Barcelona-based daycare centers
o Discounted gym access: Exercise your muscles as well as your brain!
o Discounted travel cards: We make your commute a little lighter on your wallet
● Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit)
ABA English Culture
Here at ABA English we don’t rely on machines to produce our product, we rely on people. With that in mind we constantly strive to provide the best working environment possible to ensure the success of each member of the ABA team.
When choosing a place to work, we believe culture is one of, if not the most important differentiator. After all, it’s where you’ll spend the majority of your week! Our office in Barcelona is in a start-up hub for creative businesses.
When we wake up we look forward to coming in, and find our jobs challenging, stimulating and enjoyable. We take pride in working for a business that’s both highly innovative and making a lasting positive impact on the world, and enjoy kicking back after a hard weeks work with an inter-company hangout and beers. Every quarter we try to go out for a cultural or team building event.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, then we would love to hear from you! All applications must be in English.