As a Product Owner at Findmypast your mission will be to deliver a delightful customer-centric family history experience that attracts and retains both new and existing customers. You’ll have experience working on data-based products perhaps in the search or social space. You’ll help to deliver an evidence-based product strategy and will work collaboratively to set a culture that values great ideas backed by data and customer insight, good design, high quality technology platforms and efficient, repeatable processes. You’ll own the ‘how’ of the product in your area and will be able to make well evidenced investment recommendations to senior product leadership. You will manage the ROI for your product initiatives and will be able to reflect on the support and running costs, development investments, customer impact and commercial value of what you build.
As a Product Owner you will work in close partnership with the wider product team, engineering, data science and CRM to create simple solutions, to complex customer problems. Your focus will be ensuring that we ship easy-to-use and effective family history experiences, time after time.
As a technology company, we are fortunate to be able to work remotely during these unprecedented times. Over 20% of employees have joined Findmypast since the start of the pandemic and we have made sure our people are well supported, found new ways to connect while working remotely and even held our annual offsite company meeting virtually for the first time. We work in a hybrid way, combining the benefits of working from home with dynamic work hubs in London and Dundee.
What We’re Looking For:
- You have previous experience working on data-driven consumer products in market.
- You have experience working with search technologies in large data environments (social products, and recommendation engines a plus).
- You have experience with both qualitative and quantitative research techniques. You’ll adopt data driven objective measurements of product performance (and design metrics as needed).
- You possess strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. An excellent communicator at all levels, capable of producing summary and detailed product documentation, adapting to the needs of different stakeholders.
- You are passionate about building strong, transparent, collaborative relationships with other product managers and with your cross-functional leaders in technology, data science and marketing.
- A passion for family history or genetics is a strong plus (historical records, family trees, research methodologies), as well as new technologies and innovations in the market (DNA and ML for example).
- You are a hands-on problem-solver: you spend your time working out possible solutions to customer problems/support asks rather than explaining why it can’t be done. You’ll show a bias for action, releasing customer facing product frequently and getting things done.
- You’ll understand consumer products both from a customer and technology point of view and will be prepared to make technical trade-off decisions and data-science decisions.
- You’ll think globally but have an ability to build products that are localised in key areas so as to resonate in local markets (specifically in the US, UK, IE, AU and CA).
Family history is a multi £BN high-growth market that is changing quickly, with the introduction of new products and technologies. We’ve come a long way from our early days digitising historical records to now: a fast-growing, consumer subscription tech company with a talented team, engaging products, millions of users around the globe, and billions of online historical records. Our mission is to connect people to their family stories.
There are real opportunities for ambitious people to gain new experiences, solve interesting problems, take responsibility for new products and initiatives, and advance their careers. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams. We value our diverse and welcoming culture. We stay connected and celebrate success together in our weekly tech demos and (currently virtual) social activities. Our values – Honour History, Stay Curious, Create Magic and Be Human – provide the compass for how we work together and invent together.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays + UK bank holidays. We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 additional days.
- Excellent pension contribution from day one of up to 15.5% of your basic salary (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee’s side).
- Flexible working, as we want all our employees to have a brilliant work-life balance.
- Enhanced and shared maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Learning & Development budget, access to LinkedIn Learning and training opportunities.
- Various social remote activities to keep connected as a company.
- Employee Assistance Programme, wellbeing app access and Mental Health First Aiders.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical insurance, health and dental cash plan options.
- Gym membership and staff discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season travel tickets.
- Subscriptions to Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want Findmypast to be the best company for all our diverse employees and customers. We encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other protected characteristics. If you’d like a deeper understanding of our commitment to diversity, check out our careers page to hear from our CEO, Tamsin. Should you require adjustments to be made to the recruitment process, please let us know and if you’d like to share your pronouns then please do!