At Xeneta, we are a group of diverse individuals working together to transform the global shipping and supply chain industry. We have a positive and supportive culture built by people from more than 25 different nationalities. We stick together, we respect each other; we are one. We love to learn and get better every single day, and have fun doing so. Xeneta is headquartered in Oslo, and we have been continuing our growth with offices in Germany and the US.
Through our SaaS platform, we focus on bringing transparency to the container shipping and airfreight market and strive towards becoming the global reference point for ocean and air freight pricing. We have amazing customers including big brands like Unilever, Electrolux, Continental, Puma, Nestlé, and ThyssenKrupp.
We are proud of our achievements and were named one of the hottest tech scale-ups in Norway by TheNextWeb in 2019, Gartner Cool Vendor’ in 2018 and Norway’s ‘Startup of the Year’ in 2016.
We are looking for a UX Researcher with either B2B or B2C experience to join our team of stellar engineers, sales, marketing, customer success, data and product folks. You will be an inquisitive, confident UX Researcher who can delve into the quantitative and qualitative detail of usage data and customer interviews/ feedback yet collate the important learnings in an easy to digest format. We are looking for someone with a creative flair, who isn’t phased by complex data analytics.
What you will be doing:
You will lead user research at Xeneta, focussing on discovering user needs and challenges through qualitative and quantitative research. You will work alongside our Product Managers, UX Designers, Product Evangelists and Customer Success Managers to build a truly unique product offering, which will have a significant impact on the global logistics industry.
This is the first dedicated UX Researcher role at Xeneta, so while we have access to a lot of data and lots of industry expertise, we don’t have defined processes to collate all our research, and you will have responsibility for setting these up.
- You will conduct customer interviews to understand user’s motivations, daily needs and routines as well as their business challenges.
- You will gather and consolidate user metrics from a range of data sources.
- You will set up product analytics software to monitor and track user’s interactions and identify areas for improvement.
- You will synthesize research insights to share with the Product and Development Teams in visual or written format.
- You will set up the User Research function; its processes and information repositories.
- You will work closely with our UX Designers to translate obtained insights into storyboards, wireframes or prototypes and collaborate with Product Managers and Developers to agree the optimum implementation.
- Alongside our UX Designers, you will strive to improve the general user experience and workflow of customers on the platform to support user adoption targets.
- You will create and maintain our user personas.
- You will work with Customer Success and the rest of the Product Team in gathering and sharing the insights.
Who you are:
- An inquisitive, confident UX Researcher proficient in performing customer interviews and analysing user analytics with ideally 3 years’ or more experience.
- You are analytical and able to delve into multiple data analytic sources to derive insights to feed into the product roadmap and development processes.
- You are customer-centric, able to put users at ease to discover their motivations and challenges.
- You are passionate about great design and a user experience which delights our customers.
- You have a positive can-do attitude, can work well both independently and as part of a team – are biased towards action, constantly pushing towards clarity and delivery. You never hesitate to roll-up your sleeves and tackle tasks hands-on.
- You are confident yet humble – we work as a team, solving challenges together.
- Experience in a UX Research B2B or B2C role doing qualitative and quantitative research. You have a toolkit of different user research methods to suit the situation.
- Able to synthetize both usage data and customer interviews into proposals of tangible product enhancement whether textual or design-led such as storyboards and customer journeys (using Miro or similar tools).
- Proficiency with Data Analytics products such as Gainsight PX, Mixpanel, or similar.
- Knowledge of UX best practices and what makes a “good” user experience.
- Fluent in English. Other languages especially German or French would be a bonus.
- Willingness to learn about new technologies and the shipping/ air freight industry.
- Located (or willing to relocate) near Oslo, Norway or Hamburg, Germany
If you are not already authorized to work in Norway or Germany, a Bachelor’s or a Master’s in a relevant field is necessary.
Nice to have:
- Design experience creating wireframes and prototypes in design software such as Figma.
What we offer
- You will be a part of a growing company that is currently redefining a multi-million dollar industry through a period of unprecedented upheaval. Your work will have significant impact on this.
- You will work together with highly motivated colleagues who are curious to learn something new from you, and also to teach you what they are good at.
- You will enjoy our generous vacation plan: 5-10 extra paid days off around public holidays throughout the year, in addition to 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- You can educate yourself during work hours: you can spend several hours each month attending courses, reading books or getting involved in the product/ UX community. We will cover courses, books and conference fees for you.
- We value work-life balance, and we want to make sure you can spend quality time with your family or enjoy your hobbies when your work-day is over.
- We have flexible working hours (core time with meetings is 10:00 to 15:00, the rest is up to you) and you can work remotely for extended periods of time when needed.
- We will help you grow your career: our managers will help identify areas of improvement for you, either if you want to grow into a specialist in your field, or if you want to eventually go into leadership / management direction.
We look forward to hearing from you!