We are a fintech startup, working in an area ripe for disruption: accounting and bookkeeping. CANDIS uses Artificial Intelligence to automate tedious financial processes (think: collecting invoices, data entry, pre-account assignment, and payments) for small and medium-sized companies. We use Machine Learning to automate accounting processes, automate accounting workflows, and empower companies with real-time data and insights to make better financial choices.
We live by one simple phrase: YES WE CANDIS!
YES: Positive Thinking & Persistence – “Optimists find solutions, pessimists find problems.” And we know: there is always a solution.
WE: Collaboration & Humanity – The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We act as a company, but respect each person. We are empathetic and humble.
CAN: Learning & Improving – “Try. Learn. Improve.” We accept that we do not know everything and act fast to become better.
DIS: Focus & Ownership – We execute with clear focus and make sure that tasks are delivered
About the Role:
We are looking for a seasoned User Experience Researcher to join our growing team! At CANDIS we believe that a company should be market-oriented. The product organization tries to answer the question of what we need to put in the market to attract and retain customers. Our empowered product teams conduct both continuous product discovery research activities as well as quarterly market research studies. They use a mixture of data, methodological, and theoretical triangulation to identify strategic opportunities to deliver on our product strategy. As the first dedicated researcher, this role will be a hybrid role of hands-on research and evangelizing research efforts across the company. You will take over our existing market research and improve upon it, as well as act as an internal consultant working with other teams to help them conduct their own research. Your work will have a direct impact on our overall company strategy and success!
As a UX Researcher, you will…
- Build trusting relationships with PMs and Designers to facilitate impactful research engagements
- Design and conduct complex, multiphase research and execute mixed method research studies in close collaboration with other teams
- Work with the partnerships team to understand how demand for a product like CANDIS is generated
- Work with the international expansion team to validate research for future markets
- Collaborate with product teams to define research problems and work on solutions and conduct studies (Mental Simulation) to test how likely a product change will help prospects and customers make progress
- Design generative and evaluative studies, create screenings, schedule interviews, carry out 1:1 interviews with customers, code interviews using our data model, and extract audio and video clips from interviews
- Obtain, scrub, explore, model, and interpret feedback from existing customers
- Share insights with other teams and help them understand the implications for their work, as well as help co-create and ideate solutions and next steps
- Teach and coach teams on how to conduct their own studies in the future
- Establish a persistent model of how CANDIS creates value for our customers
What You Bring:
- Native German and fluent English language skills
- Knowledge of modern UX research methods (and the experience to know when to use each)
- Strong experience in qualitative research and interviewing techniques
- Familiarity with quantitative research techniques (survey design, A/B testing, etc.)
- Experience conducting studies end to end (from scoping to writing research questions to participant recruiting all the way through to analysis and reporting insights)
Nice to Have:
- B2B or SaaS experience
- Knowledge of accounting and finance tools
- Experience improving pricing and monetization for an existing product
- Solid understanding of interaction design and usability principles
- Experience with Looker or similar BI tool
Don’t worry about formalities. We care about you and your motivation – not the font size of your CV. We know that perfect candidates don’t exist, so even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you!
Feel free to contact us via e-mail, give us a call, drop by the office, or send a pigeon our way. We’re looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂