We are Stryber – the largest independent corporate portfolio builder in Europe.
We build corporate unicorns, help our clients launch new digital ventures from scratch (and fix the strategy behind it).
We are a team of 90+ exceptional venturers collaborating from Munich, Zurich, Kiev, and London. We come from over 22 countries and love to be excellent and different. At Stryber you can expect a no-bullshit, down-to-earth, yet high caliber work environment.
We apply our own proven process to identify interesting market signals. We build web/mobile prototypes and MVPs to test and iterate these signals quickly in the market. We then scale the most promising ones to become leading solutions. We are full stack – from analytically sound investment theses over rapid MVPs to sophisticated deep-tech solutions, we have a variety of start-up projects ahead of us in several exciting verticals, such as FinTech, PropTech, Digital Health, Food & Beverage or MarTech. Among all corporate venture builders, we are the “strategic” one – we have a comprehensive view on strategy and governance questions around corporate venture building.
At Stryber you can expect a no-bullshit, down-to-earth, yet high caliber work environment. You will be part of the Stryber team – a dynamic team of top-notch experts that is highly motivated to create impact. Over the last five years, we have developed a solid and comprehensive framework for corporate innovation with a very thick secret sauce that is not easy to copy.
Stryber is looking for a Lead UI/UX Designer to lead our talented UI/UX team. You will report to our CPO/CTO.
You have the opportunity to join Stryber in our ambition to further grow. Your mission is to ensure the delivery of a great experience to our Stryber clients and ventures, as well as to shape our Stryber brand further. You will be part of a creative team that is highly motivated to create impact, and take on a lead role in shaping our product design team and all our design efforts. Your tasks include:
- Define and build our product design strategy and contribute to the overall product strategy. Be the advocate for an user centric mindset across the organisation
- Be a leader and role model for positive and empowering behavior
- Collaborate with Venture Architects, Product Managers, Developers and Marketing to execute end-to-end design efforts across all our platforms
- Grow, mentor, and lead a team of UX/UI designers and align them with the company’s goals
- Contribute feedback regularly towards improving our company and products
- Set up UX/UI processes to create a sustainable design culture that can scale as the team grows, while maintaining a cohesive design across the entire product lifecycle
- Ensure delivery of high quality and consistent user experience across all teams and all projects
- Run design and UX workshops
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, wireframes, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look
- Create screen designs and prepare assets for our frontend developers
- Take full ownership of your work and the details required to ship a successful product
- Handle multiple projects at once as part of a fast-paced, deadline-driven creative team
- Design products that customers love
- 5+ years relevant design experience, including leadership/coaching experience in the past
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and designers, across multiple projects with a clear design voice and creative precision
- Strong knowledge of UX/UI (web and mobile)
- You are a self starter, comfortable working in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to prioritize while simultaneously handling demands and changes
- An exceptional portfolio
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, user research, prototypes, user testing, etc.
- Business know-how: Understanding of business metrics, ability to interpret quantitative and qualitative data and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Tech know-how: Understanding the limitations and necessities of the development side
- Ability and enthusiasm to coach and mentor UX/UI designers
- Collaborative, self-motivated, curious, and humble attitudes
- Fluency in English
- Full-time availability in Munich (freelance or part-time not possible)
- Proficiency (written and oral) in German
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Design sprint and JTBD experience
- Experience in building a design system
- Experience with print material and identity projects
- Attractive compensation based on your experience
- Fame and glory for what you will have helped build
- Attractive office in the middle of Munich
- A great remote culture, which allows you to be very flexible; if you prefer to work from sunny beaches or cool mountains from time to time, feel free – just be prepared to get some jealous messages from us on Slack or to receive even more awesome photos in return
- Join Work-From-X weeks
- A highly dynamic and energetic environment
- “Move fast & break things” culture
- Awesome team challenger events, weekly team lunches, and lots of fun
Start Date: ASAP
Learn more about Stryber’s approach to Corporate Innovation! Interview with Julia Kupke (in German)