Fruugo is a fast-growing online global marketplace selling millions of products to customers worldwide, currently operating in 46 countries and expanding rapidly.
Due to our continuing growth, we are now recruiting for a Product Owner.
Reporting to the Product Manager, the Product Owner will help build a new merchant experience for our international marketplace business.
As part of a recently established Product team, you’ll work with the Product Manager and colleagues in our Product Engineering teams to contribute to an overall vision and roadmap for the end-to-end merchant experience.
Most critically, you will also be responsible for the definition and delivery of the products and services in a specific area of that roadmap.
- Lead the definition of new and improved products, along with the processes and services that underpin the merchant experience, for a specific area in our roadmap
- Own and prioritise a backlog and ensure alignment to the bigger vision and roadmap, working with other Product Owners and the Product Manager
- Discover and understand user needs and translate these into structured user stories and acceptance criteria that can be consumed by technical and design teams
- Work within an agile delivery team, interfacing between users, business stakeholders and software engineering, quality assurance and user experience design to co-ordinate delivery of identified changes
- Define and plan product iterations and accept them as complete through collaboration, inspection, demonstrations and acceptance testing
- Communicate plans, feature and solutions to a wide array of stakeholders
- Identify, target and monitor business benefits and the impact your solutions have
- Previous experience of owning the specification and delivery of complex products
- You can take an idea and turn it into a delivered solution
- You have strong analysis and modelling skills across business, systems and data
- You can elicit and clearly document user needs using common approaches
- You can establish and challenge minimum valuable product definition
- You can engage in technical discussions to support defining the ‘how’ for a solution
- You own, make decisions on and prioritise backlogs in a structured way
- You can execute structured acceptance testing and manage defect resolution
- You have operated in an agile setting and understand the frameworks and challenges
- Preferable is e-commerce or even more specifically, marketplace experience
- Preferable is experience delivering products based on modern web technologies
- Desirable is experience with merchant onboarding and integration processes
- Driven to deliver high quality products, as specified, on time
- A great communicator in all forms
- A great facilitator, able to discover and synthesise stakeholders requirements
- A detail orientated problem-solver, using data and real feedback to inform
- Able to work independently, delivering on promises
- Great organisational skills, able to juggle multiple initiatives at once
- Able to hold your own in a discussion with technical engineering teams
- A natural co-ordinator, using collaboration to achieve your goals
- Self-sufficient with a keenness to drive the delivery of quality solutions
- High standards of ethics and integrity
Hours of work are 35 hours per week, 9am- 5pm Mon to Thurs and 9am – 2pm on a Friday.
Join Fruugo and participate in an exciting, dynamic and friendly workplace with one of the country’s fastest growing online marketplaces!
Due to covid-19 all our employees are currently working from home, however, once we are able to work from the office, the role may either be partially office based, or we are open to the role continuing to be fully homeworking with occasional travel to company offices as and when required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£45,000.00 per year