Product Manager, ISS Market Intelligence
The Product Manager will be responsible for institutional asset management and other assigned modules in our competitive intelligence and data solutions for the asset management/mutual fund industry. The ideal candidate will use their industry expertise and creativity to build and manage products as part of Simfund’s industry leading products and services. The Product Manager is responsible for the roadmap, product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, and for integrating various data sources and analytics into a cohesive, compelling, and competitively superior set of services for our core markets. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with colleagues in Product and Project Management, Research, Development, Client Advisory, Sales and Marketing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
– Work with key stake holders and other product manager on new product initiatives
– Meet with client to understand their needs, demonstrate prototypes and new products
– Define product business requirement and priorities
– Identify and size market opportunities.
– Track competitive landscape and threats
– Evaluate data sources and their quality
– Work with client organizations to encourage data contribution
– Create prototypes of data analytics leveraging a variety of data sources
– Work with product owners on backlog prioritization
– Act as subject matter expert on areas of new enhancements and products.
– Lead go-to-market plan for projects, working to ensure that marketing, sales and client success have
– Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Computer Science or related field
– 5+ years of financial services industry experience preferably in asset management/mutual fund
– Understanding and experience on the institutional side of asset management industry
– 1+ years of product management or product management experience
– Knowledgeable about BI and Analytical software packages
– Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
– Experience working for a asset management firm , investment consultant or similar firm
– Product management / Product owner at financial technology or other B to B software company
– Use of applications such as eVestment, Money Market Directory, Morningstar Direct, PSN, Simfund
– Exposure to Agile development methodologies (Scrum)