Product Manager – Web
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager – Web to join one of the most exciting education start-ups, based in Old Street, London.
As the Product Manager – Web, you will be responsible for driving execution of the web product roadmap, from writing specs to interfacing directly with our designers, education teams, analysts & engineers. Working in a close-knit Product team, delivering best in class e-learning experiences for our worldwide user base of already more than 35 million people.
You will be a creative and innovative professional with a strong product background, using data driven decision making alongside agile and lean processes. Motivating the teams around you to produce amazing results.
The role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Writing clear and concise requirements supported by your UX skills where necessary.
- Collaborating across design and engineering to ensure efficient product delivery.
- Working with our analysts to define, measure and quantify success (or failure) of new features.
- Managing all aspects of the web product development cycles including setting scopes, managing progress, and reporting efficiently to all stakeholders.
- Maintaining consistent and timely agile workflow management through Jira.
Something about you…
- Minimum of 3 years of Product Management experience in a fast paced, multi-national growing online business.
- Educated to degree level in relevant technical, business or design fields.
- A user driven product leader with a strong awareness of our user’s needs, wants and desires.
- A hunger for clean, simple, modern design – utilising the latest technologies to bring our products to life.
- Obsessive about detail, getting your hands dirty to deliver results to be proud of.
- Analytical background demonstrating an obsession with data.
- Specific skills and knowledge in Google Analytics, AB/MVT testing tools such as Optimizley and funnel optimisation tools such as KISSmetrics.
- Strong UX knowledge including wire framing tools (Axure) and rapid prototyping techniques.
- Passion, enthusiasm, and a willingness to work outside your comfort zone.
- A champion of efficient social interaction; helping our users help each other.
- Deep understanding of the localised approach – building products to suit the requirements of a truly global audience of diverse cultures with varying objectives for learning.
- Additional language skills are preferable but not essential.
…and something about us
We are the largest social network for language learning, with more than 35 million users worldwide. We offer free and premium paid-for access to audio-visual courses for 12 languages: Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese and English.
The company is named after the Busuu language of Cameroon. According to an ethnological study from the 1980s; only 8 people speak Busuu!
We are a young team committed to making this start-up company a global hit! If you value the exciting, varied and fast-paced environment created within a company in high growth phase, then busuu is for you. If you’re driven by the prospect of bringing your skills and experience to do whatever it takes to continually deliver an excellent customer experience, apply now!