Product managers at Zenitech are responsible for the end-to-end delivery of bespoke product development engagements for Zenitech’s clients. From day-to-day, you will be working with Zenitech’s clients to shape product vision, release plans, user stories and backlogs, while facilitating the development process alongside Zenitech’s engineering and UX teams. Your role will be pivotal to the successful delivery of client engagements, being the primary person responsible for scope, time and cost. You will be a leader within the engagements you manage.
Our product managers are also instrumental in the process of winning new business. You will lead requirements discovery workshops, helping our clients define and refine their vision and roadmap. You will work with UX designers and tech leads to ideate approaches and contribute towards commercial estimates and proposals.
At Zenitech, we passionately oppose traditional waterfall methodologies and focus on lean practices to deliver outcomes for our clients that deliver value. Our clients are looking for tangible outcomes rather than large requirements documents or slowing down delivery with outdated processes.
We are looking for two ambitious early-mid career product managers to join Zenitech during a period of substantial growth following recent investment. You should be passionate about delivering high-quality digital products within a software consultancy environment.
– Ensuring on-time delivery of high-quality bespoke software products that deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients.
– Act as a product lead on client engagements.
– Lead discovery sessions with client stakeholders to uncover requirements and effectively prioritise these into realistic delivery plans.
– Creation and maintenance of prioritised development backlogs, including the writing of user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria.
– Participation in all Scrum ceremonies.
– Work closely with technical leads to ensure the viability of what is being delivered.
– Work closely with UX designers to build out prototypes and production-ready designs that realise the customer vision.
– Participate in new project proposals and customer meetings.
– Contribute towards the evolution of Zenitech’s Product Practice.
What You’ll Need:
– A minimum of two-three years experience in a product manager/owner role, including:
– Owning product backlogs and writing user stories with high-quality acceptance criteria.
– Creating and/or updating roadmaps.
– Experience with estimation and prioritisation techniques, such as t-shirt estimates, story points and MoSCoW.
– Working in an agile environment, ideally Scrum.
– Any certification such as CSPO would be beneficial.
– A technical background, which could include:
– Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline.
– Direct experience in a technical role, such as Software Engineer, QA, Architect, DevOps or similar.
– An appreciation of common technologies and how they are used.
– You understand the difference between Back-End, Front-End, QA and DevOps with a high-level knowledge of the tools, techniques and technologies used by each.
– An appreciation of UX principles and/or direct experience working with UX designers.
– Soft Skills:
– Excellent verbal and written communication.
– Consultative mindset and ability to influence customers.
– Creative problem solving with the ability to distil complex problems into tangible product ideas and requirements.
– Able to organise your own workload and that of development teams.
– Able to work effectively within multi-cultural environments, particularly with near-shore development teams.
Most of our UK staff work from home, or from our client offices in Cambridge and London. Initially, you may be expected to spend 3 or more days per week in London or at our customer’s offices. The rest, you can work from home. There will also be occasions where you are asked to join the executive team on new business development activities, representing Zenitech’s product capabilities. All this assumes regular non-covid conditions, of course!
What We Offer
– Competitive salary.
– Full statutory pension contributions.
– Comprehensive private medical plan, including health, dental and optical cover.
– Opportunities to learn and grow in areas of technology, product development, and commercial experience.
– Opportunities to help us develop our Product Development team.
– Work with great people.
– Occasional business trips to Lithuania and Romania.
– Lots of remote/home working, mixed with visits to clients and our London office.