At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (SkyScanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
This is a new role and the successful candidate will join an existing team of Product Managers who help define and implement our product roadmap – influencing existing products with an eye towards potential future product launches. In the role you will be required to:
- Help create, imagine and build new versions of our websites and apps for makers
- Adding new features and improvements to the experience of our makers using customer research and external benchmarking
- Flesh out these ideas in the form of user stories and help to prioritise the development road map
- Work with the user experience and design team to determine how the idea will be presented to users
- Collaborate with the development team in bringing new ideas to life
- Manage the QA process to ensure the new ideas work smoothly and don’t result in new problems.
- Work with the rest of the business to ensure new features are used and understood both within the team and by our users
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Have experience as a Product Manager in a fast paced and dynamic environment, preferably a start up. You should be excited about mobile and preferably have experience in managing the launch of a mobile product.
- Be highly numerical and analytical: we are a data-driven business and make product decisions in part based on facts and analysis
- Have technical understanding of how web/ mobile applications work – this is not a development role, but the ability to communicate with developers is key; some personal experience of web development would be a bonus
- Share our sense of ambition
- Demonstrate some entrepreneurial spark – have created something, organised something or planned something worth talking about
- Be innately curious, and a maker at heart – someone who takes ownership of and responsibility for their projects – not afraid to take risks to create a masterpiece.
- Be kind, supportive and collaborative – we work a lot in cross functional teams and nurture a positive, kind culture. You need to be happy acting as a coach, facilitator and sharing knowledge/learning.
What We’re Offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience plus benefits: options over shares, pension plan, private healthcare
- Smart colleagues and supportive team
- Central London location, nearest tubes Tottenham Court Road and Holborn
- Working environment that values excellence
- Freedom to make your own decisions and to get stuff done